Huntin with the Gov

JTP

Awhile ago, I got a call from the Govner of Alasker. She said she wanted to go a-huntin with me! I got all excited and told her, "Heck, yeah, you fine Alaskan hottie, come on down! We ain't got no grizzly bar or wolves here in Jawja, but we got plenty of black bar, cayotes, deer, coon, possum, squirrels, gopher tortoise, beaver, otter, weasels, skunks- heck, plenty of critters to draw a bead on! And iffen we run out of fair game, we got plenty of fowl lawyers thet prolly needs a-shootin! Brang thet Wyoming feller- Cheney- he knows how to track 'em!" Well, I kept a-tryin to entice her (all the whal thinkin may be I could be her huntin guide and campin buddy and may be see her in thet bikini suit around the campfar!) But atter awhile I noticed she wasn't a-listenin to me, but ramblin on about some Zaxby Chambliss, or was it Saxby Chicken I should be supportin, or eatin, or votin fer, er sumpthin. Thet's when I real lized she eether wasn't a listner, or may be it was just a re-corded voice tape of her. Or maybe it was thet imatater Lady from the Saturdey Nat Live what looks just like her, cept better. Anyways I got screwed but I didn't git kissed- AGIN!

catocom

aw he's got the whole Rep party coming out for him...naturally.
He's been in too long, and has gotten narcissistic.
He's gotta go.
We need Somebody, that is on the inside now, that this admin will work with.

JTP

Seriously, I have gotten more robot calls (my answering machine stays full with Saxby propaganda-haven't gotten one call from the Martin crowd) and fliers in the mailbox every day and strangers knocking on the door-way out here! about this runoff race. It is like "If YOU don't vote Saxby, it will be The End of the World!" Father-rapers and Mother-stabbing Baby-killers will take over the planet!
It stinks of desperation, and these idiots can't realize that we are tired of being told : "Be Afraid- be Very Afraid!!!!"
I, for one, am tired of it. The Fear Button has been pushed too many times. Who gives a rat's ass? They can't scare me with their paper-mache boogermen anymore.

Inkara1

I think his point was that if you have one party with the White House and a supermajority in the Senate, that weakens the system of checks and balances a bit.

spike

I think his point was that if you have one party with the White House and a supermajority in the Senate, that weakens the system of checks and balances a bit.

Ah, I thought he had specifically mentioned filibusters.

JTP

Don't they waste enough valuable time?
I didn't like filibustering even when Jimmy Stewart did it in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington".

catocom

no, they aren't there half the time.
When they are, and they do pass something, it's crap legislation.

I wanna see um work more for the money.
I want to see Good legislation, with consequences for not prosecuting it.

GrandCaravanSE

no, they aren't there half the time.
When they are, and they do pass something, it's crap legislation.

I wanna see um work more for the money.
I want to see Good legislation, with consequences for not prosecuting it.

you know a good filibuster when they start reading through the local phone book.