"Hussein" Makes a Comeback

Cerise

;)

"Lo these many months, when you were accusing me of committing a hate crime, using our president-elect's middle name, it turns out he likes it."

The middle name that was all but banned on the campaign trail will make a return appearance on inauguration day. On January 20 the president-elect has decided to be sworn in as Barack Hussein Obama.

I have no problem with that, as far as it goes. But Obama went further. He's not using his middle name simply because it's his middle name, but as part of a deliberate strategy to "reboot America's image" among the world's Muslims. He also plans to deliver a major speech in an Islamic capital, possibly within the first 100 days of his presidency.

But what is most troubling about Obama's plan to "reboot" our image in the Muslim world is its unspoken premise that terrorism is fueled by our mistreatment of Muslims and that if we'd just be kinder to the Muslim world, terrorism would melt away. If you're skeptical, just research Obama's statements about the root causes of terrorism, which to him include poverty -- the left's old economic determinism template. I wonder whether he plans to "spread the wealth" with them, as well. I'm sure a few extra mil would have deterred Osama.

But as I recall, America didn't start this war against Islamic terrorists, who had been waging war against us well before 9/11. We are not the ones whose places of worship and schools indoctrinate our children to hate nonbelievers. We're not the ones who treat our women like chattel, engage in honor killings of family members, target innocent civilians, or dance in the streets when innocents are murdered.

spike

Hmmn. Nothing really to indicate that he's using his middle name as part of a plan to reboot America's image.

"The tradition is that they use all three names and I will follow the tradition, not trying to make a statement on way or another," he said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28159133/

Ann coulter is still a cunt.

:laugh: ....and David Limbaugh is a moron.

chcr

Too cute for words
Dear Ann,
You are no longer relevant (if in fact you somehow believe you ever were). Go away. Far, far away.

Thank you.

Cerise

However, is it now acceptable in polite company to say "Barack Hussein Obama"? Is it the consensus that it is no longer hate-speech to refer to his Muslim middle name?

nalani

However, is it now acceptable in polite company to say "Barack Hussein Obama"? Is it the consensus that it is no longer hate-speech to refer to his Muslim middle name?

For me, and I speak for me alone, it wasn't that you were using his entire name .. it was the tone and connotation when you used his middle name, as if having that name alone condemned him to a guilty sentence for everything he's ever done. Whenever I read it used by you (and a few others), it was my feeling that it was full of hatred - not attractive or necessary. Again, that's just my opinion.

2minkey

bootlicker
For me, and I speak for me alone, it wasn't that you were using his entire name .. it was the tone and connotation when you used his middle name, as if having that name alone condemned him to a guilty sentence for everything he's ever done. Whenever I read it used by you (and a few others), it was my feeling that it was full of hatred - not attractive or necessary. Again, that's just my opinion.

i think we can reasonably say that a lot of people share your opinion here.

i would make the additional comment that the "hussein" inclusion - in the way it's been used here many times - while being representative of a very serious us-and-themism, is at the same time on the level of playground name-calling. you know, make fun of the kid with the funny name... in both ways it is quite unflattering for the utterer.

Cerise

It is PEBO's middle name. What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. :shrug: I think you're reading something into the use of it that's not there. However, there has never been a President selected about whom we knew so little, and to whom so few questions were asked.

spike

I think you're reading something into the use of it that's not there.

Seems like they're reading something into the stressing of it that is there.

about whom we knew so little, and to whom so few questions were asked.

We know more about him and he's been asked way more questions than many many presidents. More pointless bitching.