"I don't worry about the Constitution on this to be honest..."

Cerise

The Hare-brained fool swore to uphold the Constitution....recall his ass!

It seems like every week another dumbocrat in Washington opens his mouth and puts his foot in it: Barry, Biden, McKinney, Grayson, Slaughter, Hare.....what fools they are!

Winky

badpc.gif

valkyrie

The statement is taken out of context in order to bash a politician. Not that I care about any politician, none of them can be trusted. I won't participate in the bashing.

He was talking about the denial of coverage by insurance companies.

There's nothing in The Constitution that prevents the government from passing legislation that regulates a business. Were anti-trust laws given the same scrutiny?

I do find it difficult to swallow that the government is forcing people to purchase a product, by law and with governmental penalties, that is solely provided by private industry with no government alternative.

All of this could have been avoided had the insurance companies not been greedy bastards. If someone is insured with you then pay the bill when they get sick. Some were notorious for denying what they promised to cover. Dropping coverage after a person gets sick or pricing the insurance beyond the person's means to force a denial of coverage is also not fair. Insurance is a risk on both ends, not just the insured.

The other beef I have with the health care is the way insurance companies get special billing privileges. They pay a fraction of the price for services, prescriptions and medical devices. Private patients make up the loss by paying higher prices. Insurance companies can pay a bill whenever they choose to pay it, even if it's 6 months from the date of service. Private patients must pay their bill at the time of service.

Hold insurance companies to the same standards as private patients and you'll see a reduction in health care cost.

It makes "Medicare for all" look good, quite frankly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The statement is taken out of context in order to bash a politician.

Say what?

We are a nation of laws, above men. If those we elect to uphold the Constitution chose not to do so, we are no longer a nation of laws.

Article 6 said:
"I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Congress stuck its nose into the business of medical insurance. Those companies were not designed to insure your health. Congress has been passing laws for 2 decades, that I clearly recall, interfering in the operation of said businesses. That is why our healthcare costs have skyrocketed. Medicare sets their REASOBNABLE & CUSTOMARY, which most companies adopt. Then the medical provider must play with numbers in order to have their costs covered. It's hardly greed, on either part.(3.4%)

Think it's expensive now? Just wait until we get single payer. More cost & less services.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bitch at Congress for allowing such non-competitive laws to exist.