I hate to admit it but...

Aunty Em

I do do some girlie things... like counted cross-stitch... I'm making this for Katie's birthday next month... if I don't go blind first... 18 crosses to the inch... dayum! I must be crazy! It's a card and I just have his ears and the top of is head to finish and the caption... I did most of it on Sunday... damn good job I've got bifocals 'cos I can't see it clearly otherwise.

Aunty Em

It's the first time I've tried one this small... not sure I'm going to do it again, it's very hard on the eyes.

tonksy

I tried to cross stitch but my eyes are too bad. I crochet some, sew some, and make my own jewelry.

Starya

I used to cross stich a lot when I was in my early 20's. Then I got bored with it, and took up knitting for a few years. Now I won't do either. My fingers are probably to stiff and achy for it anyway.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I love cross stitching! My problem is bothering to frame them once they're finished.

That one does look a little too tiny though. :eek:

TexasRaceLady

Aunty Em, you've got more patience than I do --- counted cross-stitch drives me up the wall. You've done a great job.

I'm a crochet or needlepoint person, myself. At one time I could do petit-point(22 squares to the inch) but not anymore. LOL

Aunty Em

It's finished:

teddydone.jpg

I wrote some stuff on the back that is just between Katie and me.

Aunty Em

Thanks, but I'm never, ever going to do one that small again! Well, not unless it's on a dark background. Completing the head was a nightmare, 'cos it was really hard to see. I actually found the best place it do it is in my kitchen. The way the light comes into my lounge just isn't right and I can only do it in natural light... Actually I do most of my PC builds in the kitchen... probably a light issue as well. LOL

TexasRaceLady

Aunty Em, I know exactly what you mean about the light. I can only use black thread when the sun is brightly shining. Working under a reading lamp just doesn't work for me.