I have a new toy!

Inkara1

My upgrade is coming due soon... so if I sign my life away to Verizon for another two years they'll put in a bunch of money towards a new phone.

I'm thinking the LG VX8300.

Altron

I always get jealous of my friends' phones, until I realize that I hardly ever use mine. No, I'm not one of those people who has the cell phone that they never turn on. I'm one of those people who never turns off the cell phone, but has nobody to talk to :p

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I was thinking of upgrading from my current nokia 3120 to the sony walkman w800, but then I thought that I really don't need an mp3 player nor a phone camera :shrug:

Kruz

No tunes downloaded yet... just the Itunes shell coupled (by force) with Quicktime 7. I have to sort the 'ol CD collection and download it into playlists... bla bla... could take a week.
I have thousands of MP3's Unc.. I could burn a DVD or Two for you if you want.

unclehobart

Hmm... I'd probably take a pass on the short term since I have 100s of CDs and only room for about 100 songs at a time on the phone. I dare say I will 500-1000 songs to draw from as it is.

unclehobart

Of course those are all CD grade tracks. I wonder if I will have to rip them down to MP3s to get them on the phone... or if ITunes will automatically do that for me.

tonksy

It will......or you could root through my itunes and find 100 songs that you like....'cept I don't have Frank Zappa.

Inkara1

You should put some Butthole Surfers on the phone... and see if you can set it so that when someone calls, the phone plays "there's a time to fuck and a time to crave, but the Shah sleeps in Lee Harvey's grave." :D

tonksy

I'm kinda disappointed in the amount of ringtones available for me to download to this phone. It's a mere fraction of what I could get for my other phone.
They also offer those answer tones (where the person calling you hears a certain song instead of a ring) but you have to suscribe to that for a monthly cost plus the cost of downloading the tune.
I think I'll want until my phone is more common and the perks cost less.

A.B.Normal

I'm kinda disappointed in the amount of ringtones available for me to download to this phone. It's a mere fraction of what I could get for my other phone.
They also offer those answer tones (where the person calling you hears a certain song instead of a ring) but you have to suscribe to that for a monthly cost plus the cost of downloading the tune.
I think I'll want until my phone is more common and the perks cost less.

For something that advanced I'm sure you could make your own and transfer them from your computer without the need to download from the service provider?

tonksy

Yes, Inky...but my previous phone offered a ton of avilable downloadable ringtones, this one doesn't.
AB? Any idea what page of that thread talks about ringtones?

A.B.Normal

Yes, Inky...but my previous phone offered a ton of avilable downloadable ringtones, this one doesn't.
AB? Any idea what page of that thread talks about ringtones?
Not sure ,but there has to be something in there about it,I used that forum when I was thinking about getting a more advanced phone (never did though) ,so I'm aware there is a ton of info there.
The reason there probably isn't ringtones available is because you can use Mp3s as Inky suggested so there is no enticement for Cingular to provide them?

tonksy

You have thought no one had ever asked how to do it! Poor dude was just as at a loss as I was.
I have to call back tomorrow because something we did screwed up my settings, though :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You should put some Butthole Surfers on the phone... and see if you can set it so that when someone calls, the phone plays "there's a time to fuck and a time to crave, but the Shah sleeps in Lee Harvey's grave." :D

A song with the word "fuck" and Unc makes me think of "Face down ass up" everytime that song gets into my head it's SO hard to get it out...GAH