I just broke the 150+ barrier

Aunty Em

Yep, I've lost 151.6 lbs since my weightloss journey began back in December 2006... just 65-70lbs to go. I'm now a size 20/22(UK). I believe that's a size 16/18(US). :dance:

I shall post a link to some before and after pics soon when I find the cable for my camara. :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Absolutely amazing! You must be so proud of yourself!

So tell us how you did it!

MrBishop

I think that I found the pounds you've lost, Em.

I was weighing luggage in the old fashioned way (Weigh myself, hold luggage weigh myself again, do basic math), and found that the initial number went from 200 to 205 at some point over the past 6 months :(

Aunty Em

Yay, piccy time!

Before: 396lbs

l774436676.jpg

After: 245lbs - minus 151lbs

l490020863.jpg

65lbs to go... :D

Inkara1

To keep the skin tight under your chin so it doesn't droop even though the fat under it is gone... did it do it naturally or is there an exercise you did or a cream you used or something?

Also, I bet your bones and joints feel a lot better now with that much less to carry around. I noticed above you said it's a good job you're working to afford all the new clothes... so does that mean you've lost enough weight that you can move well enough to go to work? I bet that's a liberating feeling. I was sick earlier this year and was home for a week and a half straight (after being in the hospital for a week) and by the end of it, I was so ready to go back to work. There's only so much one can see on the internet.

Aunty Em

Thanks for all the congratulations, but you definately don't want to see me naked. :eek: LOL

However, removing the spare flesh left behind when I finally hit and maintain my target weight is included in the bariatric service, so eventually I'll feel a lot happier about wearing a swimsuit.

To keep the skin tight under your chin so it doesn't droop even though the fat under it is gone... did it do it naturally or is there an exercise you did or a cream you used or something?

I don't have any lines on my neck, I never have had, although I can see a few lines beginning to appear beneath my eyes.

In the meantime I've begun weight training my upper body again and I'm also now able to cycle on my recumbant bike again as my arthritis is better under control.

I did 10 minutes this morning, my first day back. Eventually I'll be doing 30 minutes cardio every day, monday to saturday. I always take sundays off and come back stronger and faster on monday.