i rock at losing weight!

kuulani

I lost about ten pounds a year ago and have plateaud since. I've tried everything from changing up my workouts and using heavier weights.

My problem is that I still love to eat. I eat healthier now than before, but have no willpower to eat less :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My legs are tired... I used my drill case and did step aerobics today.

I carried ten cases of water up two flights of stairs on Friday (in multiple trips obviously)...my legs are just getting back to normal today.

Inkara1

Did the aerobics again this morning... legs are tired and weak now, but I sweated a good bit and got the heart rate up so I figure I'm doing some good for my body. So I did that, curls with the dumbbells, and a bunch of crunches.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Have you drastically cut back on your fast food intake? How about your soda intake?

Inkara1

Yes... and the fast food I do eat for lunch is planned out in advance, with notrition facts taken from the establishments' Web sites. Interestingly enough, Carl's Jr. can be the one of the healthiest fast-food places to go to if you know how to work the menu... but it can also be the most unhealthy of all of them if you work the menu the opposite way.

Inkara1

isn't that the place with the monster burger with 2/3 lbs. of beef?

It's a full pound... Carl's Jr. uses half-pound patties, not third-pound like Jack in the Box (the sirloin burger) and McDonald's (third-pound angus burgers). You can get a double six-dollar burger if you so desire... that's a full pound of meat. I checked the Web site and the double one isn't listed anymore... but I'm sure you can get the second patty put on if you'd like. But with it not on there anymore, I can't tell you how many calories it has. But a guacamole bacon six dollar burger with chili cheese fries for a side (yummy, if I do say so myself) is 2,150 calories, 142 grams of fat, 48 grams of saturated fat, 230 grams of cholesterol and 2,560 milligrams of sodium. Plus soda.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I was thinking of taking vitamin supplements to ensure proper nutrition if I reduce my caloric intake...until I read this.

When you buy vitamins do you know what the ingredients mean and what benefit or potential harm they will cause?

I didn't have a clue for many years. I fell for the marketing hype. I didn't know how to read and understand the labels. Well that changed last year after the pet food recalls. I started helping pet lovers understand what is really in pet food. Then the light bulb went off and I realized I was feeding my human family synthetic ingredients, in our vitamin supplements. I went on a learning journey and was so shocked that our health is not always the most important thing in the vitamin industry. It's profit driven for many.

While I know that profits drive all businesses, I didn't know the stuff about synthetics I should have...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
2,150 calories, 142 grams of fat, 48 grams of saturated fat, 230 grams of cholesterol and 2,560 milligrams of sodium.

Instant coronary, dude.

I like my dead animal as much as the next guy, but that's just...obscene.

My downfall is the fare I choose. I admit it right off...I loves me some good ol' Southern cookin. Translate: fried. I could honestly eat a salad as a meal every day and be content, and since I don't like mayo that leaves Italian or honey mustard dressings as the only options. But the rest of the meals better be grand ol' Southern fare usually. Biscuits n gravy I could eat until they start oozin out my ears. I ain't a fan of a whole lot of different veggies, so I stick to the few I like. Fruit...no cherries or avacados, otherwise it's all good. I have to keep a strong rein on myself to limit my cornbread intake...that stuff sticks with a feller.

90% or more of the time that I have to grab fast food, I just get the sammich and a drink and skip the fries. Every little bit helps.

I lost over 100 pounds when I got sick. I put maybe 20 of it back once I could actually eat. Now I've added another 10-15 which I need to lose. Ain't easy when you moonlight at a pizza place either. Always one layin around and you know you won't get a break between 5 and 10 PM, so you grab a slice as you leave with a delivery and scarf it on the way.

Many kudos to all of you who are losing successfully. If it was easy everybody'd be doin it. To paraphrase comedian James Gregory, the self-proclaimed Funniest Man In America:

I tell ya, we 'Mercans just love us a good diet book. We DO! We'll sit there on the seat of that exercise bike and eat us a whole bag of Fritos while we read a good diet book.

Inkara1

I'm down seven pounds since I started at the start of last week, now. Three of those pounds came from Friday morning to Saturday morning... but I stayed at the same weight on Sunday morning, instead of gaining most of it back like I'd expect if it were just water weight. So if I can average 0.4 pounds lost per day, as seems to be my norm, I should be in good shape soon enough. I figure the three pounds lost on Friday was an anomaly. I thought it would be nice to be below 300 by my birthday, but I'll need a few more three-pound Fridays for that to happen.

2minkey

bootlicker
I was thinking of taking vitamin supplements to ensure proper nutrition if I reduce my caloric intake...until I read this.

While I know that profits drive all businesses, I didn't know the stuff about synthetics I should have...

yeah bioavailability on most of that shit ain't real good. i hear grocery-store calcium is a great workout for your kidneys!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm down seven pounds since I started at the start of last week, now. Three of those pounds came from Friday morning to Saturday morning... but I stayed at the same weight on Sunday morning, instead of gaining most of it back like I'd expect if it were just water weight. So if I can average 0.4 pounds lost per day, as seems to be my norm, I should be in good shape soon enough. I figure the three pounds lost on Friday was an anomaly. I thought it would be nice to be below 300 by my birthday, but I'll need a few more three-pound Fridays for that to happen.

Don't expect that rate to keep up. You have to be prepared for the plateau because if you're not...when it comes you're likely to get very discouraged...and it will come.

BeardofPants

There's always a plateau. Stop raining on his parade, man.

Ink? You're losing weight at the same rate as me (0.4 lbs (or 0.2 kgs) per day). I assume it's cos you've cut back on portions, and are exercising regularly. Keep it up. If you hit a plateau, vary your workouts a bit, and maybe increase your calories slightly to trick the metabolism. Keep up the good work. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
There's always a plateau. Stop raining on his parade, man.

That's why I'm warning him...because it ALWAYS comes and more than once I've hit that plateau and got so discouraged...it's hard to make it past the mental discouragement cause by the plateau sometimes, especially when you're not expecting it.

BeardofPants

Yeah... but how is it helping if you're constantly being discouraging? Granted, I don't know what else you been saying via other interaction (IM, etc), but on here, you've been very discouraging.