i rock at losing weight!

greenfreak

Yeah, it is... kinda makes me wonder why some people find it hard (great, now I just went & jinxed myself :rolleyes: ). :circle:

I know dropping weight in my 20's was a lot easier than now, in my mid 30's. The whole metabolism thing does come into play and the fact that I no longer smoke like I did. Also, dedication over months and months to eat right and exercise is not easy to sustain. At least not for me. It does take responsibility, to force myself to work out even though sometimes I'm dog-tired at the end of the day.

Also, food choices take some figuring out. You would think any vegetables are good but they're not all equal. The water-based instead of starch-based are best. Out of the few veggies I liked, once I struck off the ones that weren't so good, I was left with asparagus and mushrooms. :laugh:

Then there are some people, like my sister the exercise instructor, who LOVE to work out. That's just not me. I have to force myself to exercise and sometimes I'm not as successful against my lazy side. ;)

BeardofPants

An update since last time. I finally plateaued out and stayed around the same weight for a fortnight or so, but I changed my exercise & diet routines, and managed to stop the plateau... for now. I'm now approx 4 kilos off from reaching 'normal weight' on the BMI. Still a wee way to go to reach optimum weight, but the bulk (hehe) of the weight is gone. :)

How is everyone else going?

Inkara1

Been hovering around 29-30 pounds lost so far. But now that moving's done, I can focus more on home cooking and using my dumbbells and stuff.

Inkara1

286.6 this morning... started at 318.8.

Before and after pics... a few days before I started the diet, and (blue shirt) a few minutes ago.

BeardofPants

I'm now within the normal weight range for my BMI. :) I've not reached my optimum weight yet, but I'm now a skinny bitch again. Woohoo. :dance: