I Scared Myself To Death Last Week

Toolbox™

Two and half years ago, I joined a 24 hour gokart race (cute huh) and in the process, slipped a disc on my neck (C6) which caused numbing of my entire left arm and therefore I couldn't ride motorcycles until it healed.

So, I sold all my motorcycles but one and left it in the Aprilia showroom for that time period. Now that the time has come to pass and I can ride again, I took it out of the showroom and brought it home. This is the first time I've ridden a 1000cc bike in two and half years and "OH MY GOD" I can't believe I built something so powerful with so much torque. I use to play with that thing and now, it scares me.

She's home now and I am just about ready to strip her down and rebuild her again because that's what you do when you don't use a bike for 2.5 years.

I think I'm getting old and need to slow down a bit. Are there any other motorcycle freaks here now? Last time I checked, not too many. :)

Winky

Last week a buddy of mine who is fifty flew back into to town onna vist.
We have a tradition of going to waffle house and bullshitting. His eldest Son
who was a Marine and served as a crew chief in Iraq, who killed people
and had been shot at,
two days short of his 23rd birthday was killed
riding a crotch rocket, April 5th, in all things, a parking lot!

Give it up and consider yourself lucky.

Join those of us who get to live til we are old.

Those of us who made it past the 'age of invincibility'.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
and had been shot at,

Given enough will and stupidity, one can do a lot of things in a parking lot.

chcr

Too cute for words
Last week a buddy of mine who is fifty flew back into to town onna vist.
We have a tradition of going to waffle house and bullshitting. His eldest Son
who was a Marine and served as a crew chief in Iraq, who killed people
and had been shot at,

Give it up and consider yourself lucky.

Join those of us who get to live til we are old.

Those of us who made it past the 'age of invincibility'.

I'll be 51 next month and I've been riding one or another "crotch-rocket" since the mid-seventies. Very fast. Am I old enough for ya?

I can't tell you how many times I've been told those "things" would kill me but honestly, I've never even been injured on the street. :shrug: On the track, now...

Toolbox™

Me too... I'm 32 and haven't gotten seriously hurt. All the accidents I've gotten into were completely my fault and I learn from it.

I tried giving up riding before but after nine months, I could take it anymore. I had major withdrawal symptoms so I started off again with something smaller but now, I'm back to my 1000cc V-Twin.

I'm thinking of an Aprilia SXV5.5 which is a 550cc V-Twin. It should be safer and more fun but, not as much fun to wrench about with. :)

I am lucky and continue to be lucky. I hope it stays that way. :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I rode from about 6 years old until I moved to a place where it freezes 7 months out of the year. I ain't part-time biking damnit.

Get on, hang on & shut up.