I stealing this computer!

Sharky

The new board software doesn't work on OS 9, the G3 won't run OS X, and they still haven't given back my G4. Bastids! :grumpy:

So I decided to bogart a cow-orker's computer to visit. :banana:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Work schmork...you need to post more. You're, what, a year or more behind now?

Sharky

Gosh, has it been that long? Holy krap . . .

It's been crazy at the house, too. We just finished taking up the peanut crops and are starting on the cotton as soon as the balers show up. The peanut yields are for shit this year (ten inch rain deficit).

Sharky

How's it going, A.B.! Great avatar, man . . . that's classic! :laugh:

I never forgot about you folks . . . glad to see that most of the usual suspects are still around. Got some catching up to do!

Inkara1

The board works fine on Netscape 7. That's what I use at work (OS 9.2, G4 466MHz, used to have a G3 400MHz). iCab will also work, but is slow to the point of being nearly unusable. I only keep it around for the few pages that won't render in either IE 5.5 or Netscape 7.

Sharky

The board works fine on Netscape 7. That's what I use at work (OS 9.2, G4 466MHz, used to have a G3 400MHz). iCab will also work, but is slow to the point of being nearly unusable. I only keep it around for the few pages that won't render in either IE 5.5 or Netscape 7.

It will work on IE 5.2 but it keeps hesitating, like it's stuck trying to load something. Very frustrating, and it makes it almost impossible to scroll.

I'm going to talk to the IT guy and see if I can wrangle a G4. He offered me a HP PC, but it's sound card is dead and Windows is bizarre to me. :shrug:

Sharky

Well, it's almost time to go home, so I better get some work done. Good to talk to y'all again, I'll be back later to finish catching up. :cool:

chcr

Too cute for words
It will work on IE 5.2 but it keeps hesitating, like it's stuck trying to load something. Very frustrating, and it makes it almost impossible to scroll.

I'm going to talk to the IT guy and see if I can wrangle a G4. He offered me a HP PC, but it's sound card is dead and Windows is bizarre to me. :shrug:

[Proselytizing]I don't suppose you've considered Linux? The board works just fine in Firefox, Epiphany and Mozilla, a bit iffy in Konqueror.[/Proselytizing]

chcr

Too cute for words
In theory, anything that you can use on a *nix box can be used on OSX. It's based on BeOS, isn't it?

Edit: I'm older than my house too. I used to have a car that was older than me though.