i want to lose my wheel covers.

do my wheels look better without wheel covers?

• heck yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go back to yo trailer homie.

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

tommyj27

Not really Banned
ever since i bought my car, the thing that's pissed me off most about it are the ugly-arsed wheel covers. i don't even think they're the original covers for the car, i can't believe mistubishi would put something that ugly on a car. so i've been throwing around the idea of just losing the wheel covers, polishing up the steel rims, and getting a set of chrome lug nuts. i tried cleaning and polishing a portion of one wheel (not pictured) and they seem to clean up really well. now i can't decided whether my car would look better w/o covers or just look really ghetto. comment at will.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Why not get a nice set of aluminum rims?

If you don't like the covers and are not willing to buy rims you should:
1) get another covers.
2) get rid of the covers.

Would it be possible to have full side picture with and without covers? I can't say if they look better or worse with that small portion.

HomeLAN

Brake dust buildup will become a problem much faster with bare steel wheels, no? Keeping them clean would require more constant effort. Shiny black looks nice, but dusty black looks drab. I've run with covers and without, and the covers always seemed to camoflage the dirt better. Odd, with black wheels, but there you go.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Take the four rims and have them chromed.

Yeah, to me black rims are for winter...when the salt is a threat to the nice ones...blacks ones left on during non-winter months look ghetto to me...unless they have covers.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Luis G said:
Why not get a nice set of aluminum rims?

that's the plan eventually, right now i'm looking for a temporary fix. i can't really justify dropping $1000-1500 on new rims and tires (i know which ones i want) when i don't have a job to speak of.

Professur

Mir, that's doable ... if you're prepared to put in the time to do the prep right. but any inperfection in the surface glares like a huge pimple when you paint with reflectives.

Tom, not knowing where you are, I couldn't hazard a guess. It would again depend on how much prep work is needed to clean them before plating. But once they're plated ... they're good to go.

greenfreak

Around here, if there's no chrome on your wheels that means someone jacked 'em. A typical thing you see in the city, not so much here.

So I say leave the wheel covers. To me, it just looks crappy without them. I'm sure if you wanted to spend the money, you could find nicer stuff but if you're not going to be spending money, I say leave em.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
tommyj27 said:
i can't believe mistubishi would put something that ugly on a car.
That a Mirage? Believe it.

I'd leave those on, or get another set at walmart if you really don't like them. I really don't think cleaning the rims up are going to look very good, even if you could get them painted without too many imperfections, there just isn't any style there, just rim.

Inkara1

No, those are "Kragen Special" hubcaps. Or Schuck's or Checker depending on where you live.

You should replace those plastic pieces of shit with these bad boys.

And while you're at it, accessorize with these. :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Twenties with spinners dude. Hey, they won't be worth as much more than the car as the ones I saw on a '78 Nova the other day.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Inkara1 said:
No, those are "Kragen Special" hubcaps. Or Schuck's or Checker depending on where you live.

You should replace those plastic pieces of shit with these bad boys.

And while you're at it, accessorize with these. :D
My god. You're really from East LA aren't you?

Inkara1

All I need is the pompadour and the tight white t-shirt with my smokes rolled up in the sleeve.