I worry sometimes

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm weird. I know this, accept it, and embrace it. Sometimes the oddest things catch my attention and by the time I'm done trying to rationalize it, I'm irritated or confused or some other altered state. It happened today.

I'm sipping on a bottle of water. I casually glance at the label for whatever reason, and see this.

.6 liter. 20.3 fl oz. (1pt, .3 oz)

Now the last time I checked a pint was 16 ounces, NOT 20.

So I continue reading this label to see what all else I can find. There is a little declaration on there about how this water is from a certain source, the only such to be protected by some Congressional act, and how it isn't even filtered before bottling it's so pristine and pure. Hunky dorry.

Then beside that, they give their address. 100 Ceramic Tile Drive, Morganton NC.

Ceramic Tile Drive.

I didn't finish the water.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
fluid oz compared to a oz, must be a difference.

(oz is short for ounce, right.)

and chances are that is the bottling plant, not the spring.

though I wouldn't drink it....it's a Canadian company!!!!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nope.

Yup.

Yup. Still, Ceramic Tile Drive doesn't scream pristine to me.

NC does not mean Northern Canuckistan...

The company located at 100 ceramic tile drive is a subsidiary of a company located here in Ontario. Privately owned too, not on the market.

A.B.Normal

Ice River Springs Morganton LLC (Production facility)
100 Ceramic Tile Drive
Morganton, North Carolina 28655
USA

is owned by the Gott family (Canadian) where the water undoubtedly comes from.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bottled water is the greatest gimmick since Pet Rocks.

Take some tap water....put in petroleum based plastic jug. slap label on it (anyone know what Evian is when spelled in the correct direction?), claim it came from some spring somewhere (which, somewhere back in time it probably did), charge more than gasoline for it.

Get RICH!!!!