If you here a loud sucking noise...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
On one side I think the magnitude of it is too small to have repercussions, but on the other hand, no one can tell for sure.

MrBishop

OMG - we're all going to die!!! Run to the...er...hide under your desks with your hands over your heads...er...hands over your ears!!!111!!oneone!

chcr

Too cute for words
On one side I think the magnitude of it is too small to have repercussions, but on the other hand, no one can tell for sure.

Well, the theory says it is possible. Probably billions to one against though. At least we'd stop hearing about Sarah Palin's knocked-up kid. ;)

JJR512

How this world could suck even more than it already does is beyond me.

Careful there... You're getting dangerously close to wondering how things could possibly get any worse, and you know what happens when you wonder that: You find out.

Kruz

OMG - we're all going to die!!! Run to the...er...hide under your desks with your hands over your heads...er...hands over your ears!!!111!!oneone!

being someone who went to school during the "Cold War" years... all you have to do is "Duck and Cover" and you will be completely safe. :erm:

chcr

Too cute for words
being someone who went to school during the "Cold War" years... all you have to do is "Duck and Cover" and you will be completely safe. :erm:
:thumbup:

Me too. Even as a kid I didn't understand how that little wooden desk was going to protect me from the fireball. :D

JTP

Oh, that's right- the proposals have been posted at the Galactic Planning Office for years- lazy humans!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If the cold war got out of hand, it may have hurt before you died.

With this puppy, it'll happen to fast to care.

Professur

Not really. A micro black hole that didn't disapate into Hawkings radiation would sink to the centre of the world, eating slowly. It would be months, even years before it ate enough to be noticable. It should be noted that noone would know about it because everyone operating the device would be killed in the gamma burst of it's release .... but the black hole itself would only be a few atoms worth of material.

chcr

Too cute for words
I like Dirk Gently a bit better but I've got 'em all too, plus the omnibus edition.

And yes, as a matter of fact I do know where my towel is.