i'll be seeing AND MEETING my favorite band on 5-12!!

BlurOfSerenity

my favorite band is AFI, or A Fire Inside. www.afireinside.net
they make an odd mix of music, it's kinda punky gothy pop-y hardcore.... it's odd and hard to describe.
but i love it, and i love them.

and tomorrow, i get to meet them.
i am ecstatic.

i am in their fanclub, The Despair Faction. as a DF member, i'm entitled to my chance to the signup for the Meet and Greets they have before the shows.

and i made it!!

w00tw00t!!

:laugh4: :swing: :laugh4: :swing: :laugh4:

sooooo happeeeeee!!

whoreable

I really liked their old albums, shut your mouth and open your eyes was my favorite.

I also really loved it when thye played my hometown. They would put on a fucking fun show and davey would even talk with us before the show and he would check out all the other bands.

Things have sure changed alot. I guess I cant blame them bacsue they got way more popular, but their new image and music bores me. The shows arent as fun, the fans have gone a bit over the edge too (no offense).

I long for the days when davey let every one scream into the mic "I want a mohawk, but my mom wont let me get one!". This new "dark" image is a bit ridiculous.

The afi internet community pisses me off most of all. They post propaganda everywhere and then when somone presents an opinion they freak out and go to the bands defense. I am not saying you are one of these people, but they are out there and they piss me off.

Any ways have fun at the show. I am sure you will enjoy it, they do put on a good show, albeit boring in comparison to a few years ago.

Who else is touring with them?

oh and if you wanna check out a pretty good band with a much similar sound to AFI check out thought riot. I can give you the hooks up on it if ya want just gimme a pm.

BlurOfSerenity

I HAD A BLAST.

i do agree with you, whoreable, that their old stuff is better.

touring with them are The Explosion, and some other band i forget the name of, but it began with an r.
i thought the Explosion were pretty good, but the other band was so bad, i didnt even remember the name! :(

oh man, but i had a great time.

i'll likely devote part of my site to it all, and save myself touble repeating the same dtails everywhere

whoreable

What can I say I am more of a hardcore fan than whiny goth fan..

they were touring with bleeding through not too long ago..a shame you didnt see them. I saw them the other nite and that was an excellent show. I think most precious blood was playing with them recently too. Guess they werent there either. :(

glad you had fun. What songs did they happen to play? or should I just check out ur site?

BlurOfSerenity

umm, i have a list of the songs... i havent made the section of my site yet, i wil later, probably....

(edited to correct setlist)

Misera Cantare
The Lost Souls
The Prayer Position
Girls Not Grey
Totalimmortal
A Single Second
Ever And A Day
Sacrifice Theroy
Morningstar
This Time Imperfect *
Perfect Fit
the Leaving Song Pt. 2 *
Days of the Pheonix
Dancing Through Sunday

ENCORE:
Death of Seasons
God Called in Sick Today *

(songs with a * are the ones i cried during... both sad and happy, ugly and beautiful, tears)
:headbang:

BlurOfSerenity

Aunty Em said:
ash r said:
- god called in sick today
:lol:

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind hearing some of these.

it's a really pretty song, actually. you should download it. it was definitely encore-worthy.

freako: they were really good guys.

i make webpage now!
mom will have my pictures ready tonight!

whoreable

ash r said:
Misera Cantare
The Lost Souls
The Prayer Position
Girls Not Grey
Totalimmortal
A Single Second
Ever And A Day
Sacrifice Theroy
Morningstar
This Time Imperfect *
Perfect Fit
the Leaving Song Pt. 2 *
Days of the Pheonix
Dancing Through Sunday

ENCORE:
Death of Seasons
God Called in Sick Today

Guess they dont liek playin the older stuff much :( A single second is a decent song but there are so many others I liked more. At least they played perfect fit, I think that might be one of my favorite songs of theirs. No misfits covers :( They should ALWAYS play Last Caress. :(

Looks liek you had a good time. Loads of people there too, Nothing like the times when I saw em in clubs.

BlurOfSerenity

it was at a club :p

lol.

i assume "last caress" and "perfect fit" are on VPoY, as i do not know them and that is the only album of theirs i don't have. hmmm, once i know more off it (i only know He who Laughs Last), i'll get it. i think i'll get those two songs next time i d/l music.

BlurOfSerenity

p.s: A Single Second was my first afi song. my at-the-time boyfriend called it a "kickass" song and told me to d/l it.
lol, i guess i musta liked that song! :laugh4:

whoreable

Last caress is a misfits song, they used to cover it sometimes. and perfect fit is indeed off of very proud of ya.

The main club in my hometown is quite small :) and the first time they played ther it was quite uncrowded. I think fury 66 also played that show.

I have some rare 7" and bootlegs on my comp if you are interested you can pm me.