I'm An Angry White Man

2minkey

bootlicker
"He knows that his wife is more emotional than rational, and he guides the family in a rational manner."

angry white man is, apparently, a reactionary dumbass.

"Most important, the Angry White Man is pissed off. When his job site becomes flooded with illegal workers who don’t pay taxes and his wages drop like a stone, he gets righteously angry. "

hmmm seems like angry white man shoulda gotten off his ass years ago and done something to improve himself, so he wouldn't have a blue collar (or worse) job that's vulnerable to immigrant labor or outsourcing. oh no angry white man, what shall you ever do? let me cry a thousand tears for your lack of planning.

really, sounds like angry white man is just doing what he does best. complaining.

OldHippie

OK jackass, let me say I'm a college educated person who makes a quite comfortable living. Read the whole thing again and don't take bits and pieces out of context.

2minkey

bootlicker
OK jackass, let me say I'm a college educated person who makes a quite comfortable living. Read the whole thing again and don't take bits and pieces out of context.

there was no "taking out of context," rather selection of a couple choice examples of his, um, unique and special social awareness.

but, hey, let's address the big picture!

the thrust of who angry white man is is quite clear in the article. he's pissing and moaning. he's mediocrity incarnate and he's upset. he doesn't like anything that's difficult for him to understand immediately. he's NOT bill gates. he's not, despite the author's attempt at qualification ("from dirt-poor to filthy rich"), anyone who is particularly successful, at anything in particular. if he were, he would not be such a petty, pissy, dissatisfied whiner.

my comments reflect on the author of that piece and/or the angry white man that he asserts. how much you choose to identify personally with him is your own business.

OldHippie

I'll tell you what I know a helluva of a lot of folks who fit this catagory. We are not pissing and moaning we are just sick and damned tired of the way this country is going. Seems that the only thing the government wants to do is take the money I work for and give it to some fatass slob who is to fuckin lazy to get a job. I also know a bunch of good hard working folks who are out of a job right now. Maybe there not on your intellectual level but I'll take them over anyone else anytime because their good people. I'll stand by this article.

catocom

I wonder why we can't ease up on so-called child labor laws,
and let um do some field work for the farmers, instead of opening up the
visa program.?(

They already given some convicts the chance.

2minkey

bootlicker
That's ok, nobody is as smart as minkey the magnificent. We all look to him for guidance. :deal:

i think, if this thread says anything, it's that you need to get off your ass and figure it out for yourself.

sorry you're not as smart, beautiful, charming, and talented as i am gonz. well, at least you've reproduced! :clap:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'll tell you what I know a helluva of a lot of folks who fit this catagory. We are not pissing and moaning we are just sick and damned tired of the way this country is going. Seems that the only thing the government wants to do is take the money I work for and give it to some fatass slob who is to fuckin lazy to get a job. I also know a bunch of good hard working folks who are out of a job right now. Maybe there not on your intellectual level but I'll take them over anyone else anytime because their good people. I'll stand by this article.

I see factories shutting down every week. I feel for the people working there. Not everyone is college material, and not everyone working in a factory is a low self esteem mediocre dumbass. There is nothing wrong or shameful about factory work. Without it, y'all wouldn't have 90% of the stuff you use every day.

My dad can do math in his head most of you guys couldn't do with a computer. He graduated high school, did his tour in the army, and came back to a factory job (Loading furniture on boxcars). After several years, he did go get a certification as a machinist and tool & dye worker. When he retired, the factory closed down that department and outsourced it. Reason given: He does the work of five. We will only have three other workers in that department now. It's cheaper to outsource it and transfer the other three guys than to train five other people or to find two workers who together could replace him.

Can any of US say that?

I mourn the loss of these jobs on several levels. And I support their right to be heard. Dad's vote counts as one...same as Donald Trump's last time I checked.

catocom

Can any of US say that?

close I think.
Just a shorter time line in my case, and I got into the machining business
through an easier route.
Then I didn't have kids to raise, and my diligence to adhere to the ethics I
should was way more lacking, I'm sure.

Admirable life events in any case though IMO.:thumbup:

2minkey

bootlicker
I see factories shutting down every week. I feel for the people working there. Not everyone is college material, and not everyone working in a factory is a low self esteem mediocre dumbass. There is nothing wrong or shameful about factory work. Without it, y'all wouldn't have 90% of the stuff you use every day.

sure.

it's too bad when people lose jobs. and there is no shame in doing manual work.

but at the same time, there is no "right" to those kinds of jobs. there is no right to any kind of job. is "angry white guy" angry because he feels like somebody owes him a job? because the country "ain't what it used to be," when high paying manufacturing jobs, thanks to the UAW and others having "normalized" relations with corporations post WWII, were fairly easy to get? are they angry because - holy shit - they are gonna have to bust their asses and work for shit just like the rest of the world? sorry, angry white boys, no sympathy there. you're luck has run out. you're just gonna have to toughen your asses up and stop acting like somebody owes you something. i'm about as sympathetic to angry white boy as i am to paris hilton complaining that the bath soap in her suite at the fairmont isn't adequate.

it just gets more pathetic when angry white wimp bitches about immigrants, minorities that "act like their stereotypes," and the near-mythical welfare-sucking, intentionally jobless parasite.

see, SnP, i strongly suspect that your father would be one to take action, tough it out, and make shit work rather that sit around and bitch.

but of course he was from a generation that came before this current generation of me me me me oh poor me sob choke whine folks that act like the world owes them something.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
it just gets more pathetic when angry white wimp bitches about immigrants, minorities that "act like their stereotypes," and the near-mythical welfare-sucking, intentionally jobless parasite.

See, this is where we differ. I think it happens more often than you do; you think it's less common than I do.

I don't know what line of work you're in. I assume you get by pretty well from other posts I've read. Congratulations; no shame in that either.

Likewise, I don't know your past work experiences, educational background, and the myriad of things that can be lumped into the phrase "lifetime experience". I think yer one of them PNW gated community suburbanites. I could be wrong. I'm fairly certain you and I do not share a time zone though. Nothing wrong with any of that...well, maybe the PNW thing...:lol:

Point being, MY life experiences have taken me into worlds I would not otherwise have been exposed to. The comments I've heard, the behaviors I've seen exhibited, the attitudes I've seen prevail...all point me to the same conclusion. That there is a class of people nationwide of all colors creeds and faiths that simply will not work to support themselves. That this has come to fruition because they have been indoctrinated into a system that rewards said behaviors. How else can anyone explain a Hummer parked in a housing project? Or a lean-to shanty in the hills and hollers with a brand new Ford F150, bass boat, satellite dish, and half a dozen champion coon dogs present? Or Jorge rolling off twenty dollar bills like Monopoly money at KMart, then climbing into a hoopty with seven other people and leaving?

I personally know dozens of adults in one isolated town not far from here who draw disability checks, food stamps, you name it, but who also work "under the table" for the sheriff (county money), drive a school bus (city money), and run a mail route (federal money) daily. That's quadruple dipping, wouldn't you say? And they file income tax returns on the SSDI only. Heck, if the criminal court grand jury (23 people) is short on the first day of a term, the city manager, sheriff, and DA go into a room and start calling their buddies to serve...so they can get the per diem and the free lunches. I've seen it happen. So add some state monies to the pile too.

People lose jobs. It's sad, but it happens. And I agree that the less equipped a person is to adapt the more likely that person is to do without. But I've seen thousands of system abusers in operation. I know it happens, and it happens a lot more than any "near mythical" level.

2minkey

bootlicker
See, this is where we differ... et cetera...

perhaps "near mythical" was a poor choice of terminology on my part. you're right, i probably underestimate the gravity of it, because i don't see it happening the way you do.

and btw, i'm not from the PNW originally, i've been dirt poor at times in my past, and have lived in areas where i more comfortably slept with six rounds of 00 buck next to me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
would be one to take action, tough it out, and make shit work rather that sit around and bitch.

We're on the same side of the fence but we're beating each other over minutia.

Fortunately, today, with FiOS & a computer that could run the entire Apollo program & simultaneously playback an entire season of Debbie Doing all of Texas, both bitching about the injustice of life & doing sopmething to fix it are possible.

BTW Dr minks, I said you were smarter...I never said a word about prettier.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Federal Reserve has taken its "boldest" action since the 1930s, accepting $200 billion of worthless housing debt as collateral to bail out Wall Street's mortgage industry loan sharks.

Which is bullshit-on both sides.

These "sharks" provided a needed service to the community. I heard little to no complaining when they were handing out these loans.

The lendee's knew they couldn't afford a $399,000 house on a teachers salary.

spike

It sure is fun simplifying things to the point of inaccuracy.

But maybe the lenders should have been a little smarter about things too dontcha think? That's a 200 billion dollar screw up covered by corporate welfare.