i'm collecting people's meatloaf recipes, help!

A.B.Normal

Let me try this again.

:eek5: PEW!!!
pewafter1.jpg

I'm not even going to get into what a "Rectory" would taste like :lloyd:

Sorry AshR ,couldn't resist hijacking the thread for a bit,you can have it back now.

HomeLAN

I tried to miss it, but he came back and rubbed it in my face. And we all know how painful that can be.

Uki Chick

ash r said:
uki chick - do you have the recipe for that?

Very easy.

Take approx. 1lbs lean ground beef, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs to desired consistancy, salt, pepper, other spices to taste. mix by hand, add a little tomato sauce, mix well, put in pan, pour more tomato sauce over it cover with alluminum foil. Bake at 450 F until center is cooked.

I always keep some sauce on the side and poor it over the meat loaf as it's cooking.

I didn't get the recipe from anywhere, I just through it together myself.

you can also use Diana's BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, without pouring more over it during baking. comes out great too with a nice tangy taste to it.

BlurOfSerenity

Uki Chick said:
Very easy.

Take approx. 1lbs lean ground beef, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs to desired consistancy, salt, pepper, other spices to taste. mix by hand, add a little tomato sauce, mix well, put in pan, pour more tomato sauce over it cover with alluminum foil. Bake at 450 F until center is cooked.

I always keep some sauce on the side and poor it over the meat loaf as it's cooking.

I didn't get the recipe from anywhere, I just through it together myself.

you can also use Diana's BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, without pouring more over it during baking. comes out great too with a nice tangy taste to it.

thanks! what name do you want me to credit you with, and do you have a name for the recipe?

Uki Chick

ash r said:
thanks! what name do you want me to credit you with, and do you have a name for the recipe?

You can either use my screen name of Ukichick or you can use my real name Natalia Kruty. Either one! don't know what to call the recipe. you can give it a name if you'd like.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
K, at long last, hyar tis.

Mountain Meat Loaf
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 cup uncooked oats
1 cup + tomato juice
1 egg
crushed saltine crackers to desired consistency - should not be too dry
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all items in large bowl, form into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes at 350. Mix sauce as follows:

sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce (Worcestershire may be substituted)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Pour sauce over meat loaf, return to oven 15 minutes. Serve with fresh corn, mashed taters, cornbread (of course), and ice cold milk.

kuulani

My mom used to put a can of Campbell's Condensed Vegetable Soup in it. I didn't like it myself, but everyone else who had it seemed to love it.

I have a bunch of church cookbooks, and a Mennonite cookbook. Love 'em.

Hey!! My mom did that too!! Maybe we're related :D