I'm going to Baltimore

Dave

To catch a Red Sox game at Camden Yards.
Only going to be there one night but does anyone have any suggestions on what to do before the game and the next day?

Was going to go to Atlanta instead to catch a Braves-Red Sox game, but they weren't selling individual tickets. Only selling 4 and 6 game packages.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Having been to Ball de More, I'd suggest sneak in without being seen & get the hell out when it's over. I hear Fairfax is nice.

Inkara1

As a Red Sox fan at an away stadium, you have quite a nasty reputation in baseball circles to overcome.

Dave

Most of those are what are referred to as "Pink Hats". Its how the long time fans refer to the people who have become fans since '04. The hardcore fans find them insulting.
Couple of bad seasons (not making the playoffs) will solve that.

I saw the Sox play in Tampa last year. The area I was in was split 50/50, based on a visual survey of caps/shirts. Nothing nasty being said in the stands.

Fenway can be horrendous. Its getting better but still has its moments.

The Sox announcers have referred to Camden Yards as Fenway South.

Inkara1

If you go to the new Yankee Stadium, get a seat in the right field bleachers. You're almost guaranteed to catch at least one home run ball if you do.

Inkara1

Most of those are what are referred to as "Pink Hats". Its how the long time fans refer to the people who have become fans since '04. The hardcore fans find them insulting.
Couple of bad seasons (not making the playoffs) will solve that.

Yeah, the easiest way to tell a "pink hat" is to ask who the manager was in 2003.

Dave

Haven't gone yet, but yes.
Its only a 6 or 7 hour drive down there.
Game is at the end of June.
Have to plan day trips way ahead because of work schedules.
Just got the tickets in the mail yesterday along with a form letter thanking me for being an Orioles fan.

chcr

Too cute for words
Haven't gone yet, but yes.
Its only a 6 or 7 hour drive down there.
Game is at the end of June.
Have to plan day trips way ahead because of work schedules.
Just got the tickets in the mail yesterday along with a form letter thanking me for being an Orioles fan.

If they knew do you suppose they would have sent the tickets? :lol:

Dave

Come on now...

Baltimore 16 24 .400 9.5

Its the Orioles we're talking about here. Who but opposing fans buys tickets there?

Inkara1

Come on now...

Baltimore 16 24 .400 9.5

Its the Orioles we're talking about here. Who but opposing fans buys tickets there?
Yeah, consider who owns that team... he'll love anyone as long as they offer him money. Look at what they ended up having to do to move the Expos to Washington.

Professur

So did you really go there just for a baseball game? :confuse3:

I drove to NB for some beer. 12 hours each way for a Lobster dinner on the East coast. 9 hours to eat one meal at Table Rock. 26 hours for a BBQ.

Must be something in the water here.

Dave

Just got home a little while ago.
8 hours down, 7 back. Traffic was spotty with a couple major tie ups each way.
Stayed at a hotel 2 blocks from the park.
The waterfront area was touristy but nice.
Had great seats for the game, which the Sox won.
Nice little trip.
Now to rest up a bit before going to work for 5 hours.