I'm trying to whore around some crappyass sealant

Inkara1

Oh yeah, I always LOVED it when some little old lady wanted to buy 8 bags of steer manure ay Home Depot and I was called upon to get a flat cart, load it up with the 8 bags, sit around and wait while she wrote a check for it, then walk out to her Buick and load the manure in the trunk.

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Oh yeah, I always LOVED it when some little old lady wanted to buy 8 bags of steer manure ay Home Depot and I was called upon to get a flat cart, load it up with the 8 bags, sit around and wait while she wrote a check for it, then walk out to her Buick and load the manure in the trunk.
as jobs go it can't be stressful.

Inkara1

It was when I was the only lot attendant and I was wanted in three spots at once to load, and also getting bitched at because the carts were disappearing fast.

HomeLAN

Gotta tell ya, in my experience, the BS rises dramatically with responsibility levels. OTOH, you get paid more. I'll put up with a lot more BS for $50 an hour than I will for $5.

tonksy

one of the reasons i love my job is that it is almost impossible for me to bring my job home with me. all i have is funny anecdotes or minor grievances.

HomeLAN

No, dude, the big reason you're leaving RS is for a job IN YOUR FIELD. It's not for any immediate raise.

HomeLAN

Nope. After 7 or so, they're at home.

However, the potential is there. Like, if the office burned down or we had a major banking/financial issue over a weekend, I am on the "must call" list.

A.B.Normal

Inkara1 said:

Try ,they buy a large chair/BBQ/desk/yard shed etc.... and expect you to make it fit in a Hatchback or even a minivan and as a last resort tell you to just tie it to the roof"Umm sorry I can't/won't do that you have to arrange for someone to come and pick it up ."