In your fridge...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
...what's one thing you ALWAYS have in your fridge? What's one thing you try to NOT keep in your fridge cause if it's there you just eat and eat and eat it til it's gone?

I always need to have Ketchup...I eat ketchup on SO many things (eggs, fries, chicken fingers, Kraft Dinner, etc) that if I run out I am VERY lost. One thing that I try to not keep in my fridge is weiners cause if they're there I'll snack on them (yes, raw...chicken ones...I don't like beef/pork ones) til they're all gone...I usually keep them frozen so I just thaw however many I want when I'm having hotdogs or putting them in KD or something...that way I don't impulsively snack on them.

HomeLAN

My fridge isn't entirely mine. Therefore, what's ALWAYS there is apple juice. What we try to ditch is marichino cherries, becuase someone wants them as a steady diet.

Aren't 4 YO's fun?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
My fridge isn't entirely mine. Therefore, what's ALWAYS there is apple juice. What we try to ditch is marichino cherries, becuase someone wants them as a steady diet.

Aren't 4 YO's fun?

Your 4 y/o would eat nothing but Marichino Cherries if you let him? :lol:

Better than chocolate bars I guess :D

greenfreak

We aren't that great about keeping the fridge stocked. But there are always two Britta water filters in there. And at least one Lean Cuisine in the freezer.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Milk, cheese, ham and ketchup.

I try to have mayonesse too but I don't keep it in the fridge :p

nalani

tonksy said:
Beer....and green olives for Malory.

i *knew* i liked that girl .. when I was pregnant with my oldest, I ate green olives like popcorn :D

always have: milk
try not to have: ice cream ... even if I had it, it wouldn't last :D

Inkara1

I've always got this Wal-Mart fruit punch soda in my fridge... but that's just because it's nasty so I haven't had any of it in over a year. I can't seem to get rid of it.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Always have : Milk.

Never have : cheese slices, the damn kids will eat three or four slices of cheese for a snack. Ok, I will too.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Inkara1 said:
I've always got this Wal-Mart fruit punch soda in my fridge... but that's just because it's nasty so I haven't had any of it in over a year. I can't seem to get rid of it.
Wow. You are quite the obsessive compulsive, aren't you?

BeardofPants

Yeast, and weird condiments that have been sitting in there for a year. Yeast is for baking. I try not to keep nutella in the fridge cos then I'd just eat it right out of the jar. :retard:

tonksy

BeardofPants said:
Yeast, and weird condiments that have been sitting in there for a year. Yeast is for baking. I try not to keep nutella in the fridge cos then I'd just eat it right out of the jar. :retard:
They need to make the opening of nutella bigger...so I can stick my face in to lick the sides. I try not to kep that stuff around either, it's too good.
We always have to have juice for the girls so we buy it in bulk and keep the spares in the beer fridge along with the soda...and of course the beer.

AlphaTroll

tonksy said:
They need to make the opening of nutella bigger...so I can stick my face in to lick the sides. I try not to kep that stuff around either, it's too good.
We always have to have juice for the girls so we buy it in bulk and keep the spares in the beer fridge along with the soda...and of course the beer.

I, on the other hand, am completely grossed-out by the thought of Nutella :sick:

Anyway: Always have: Fresh fruit & salad. Milk.
Stuff I don't stock up with: Mayo, it just goes off because they don't seem to make small bottles that would justify me actually purchasing one. Oh and the Carmel Sweet & Tangy gherkins (jumbo size one) - I only ever get them once in a while because I can sit and finish half a bottle of it in one sitting :blush:

Winky

When I was but just a wee latch key tot

Me mommy had some hard and fast rulz aboot
food its storage and preparation

Mayo could never reach anywhere near room temp
after its initial opening or it was to be immediately
banished from he domicile as food poisoning was something to be avoided at all costs!

Also once food was cooked it was either eaten or stored immediately.
Stuff that was to be kept was properly covered and slammed into he fridge post haste
(again not allowing it to reach room temp)

I've never ever given meself food poisoning
(I've had to go to restaurants’ for that!)

But on the otherhand me beloved spouses upbringing
had another twisty turn

In her home you were forbidden to cram stuff in the fridge
until it had cooled, this results in her leaving things out long
after they have reached room temp

Needless to say I don't even touch those items
they usually end up in the trash after an overly
long stay in MY fridge

Ah marriage an endless series of accommodations...

AlphaTroll

Actually, you should leave things to cool down before you refrigerate them. Otherwise the warm food causes the temp in the fridge to rise, which in turn kinda nullifies the point of refrigeration.

Winky

Well Alfie that's the flawed (from a thermodynamic point of view)
that was handed down from Mommy to daughter in this case...

And Honky-Tonk

they be having microwave\dishwasha safe
tupperwares these here daze...

A widdle temperature differential ain’t gonna hurt em’ none.

But lettin' mah sustenance be in the bacteriological temp zone
is hazardous to me well-being now gurls heh heh