India Had Warned The U.S. That Bin Laden Was Hiding Close To Islamabad

spike

India had twice told the U.S. that Osama Bin Laden was not in a cave somewhere but hiding in an urban area close to Islamabad, according to a report by The Times of India. The information is also likely to fuel speculation that Pakistan knew of the al-Qaeda leader's whereabouts.
The first lead came in mid-2007, soon after bin Laden's ally Ayman al-Zawahiri attended a Taliban meeting in Peshawar, that was also attended by leaders of Haqqani network, an insurgent group based in North Waziristan, and at least two ISI officials. Zawahiri is said to have rushed to Islamabad after the meeting and Indian operatives began receiving information that bin Laden's allies were working in the region.

The next lead came in 2008, when Indian officials were tipped off that bin Laden was ill and hiding out in a cantonment in the area. An official told The Times of India:

"This time we specifically mentioned about his presence in a cantonment area. It was because we had definite information that his movement was restricted owing to his illness and that it would have been impossible for him to go to an ordinary hospital. We told the Americans that only in a cantonment area could he be looked after by his ISI or other Pakistani benefactors."

The official said he believes Pakistani officials may finally have turn bin Laden in because he had become too much of a "liability".

It is unclear why American authorities didn't consider the information and raises more questions about Pakistan's alleged involvement in safe housing bin Laden. The news comes amidst reports in Pakistan that bin Laden was killed by his bodyguard.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/indi...ding-close-to-islamabad-2011-05#ixzz1LybUUHka

catocom

Unprecedented?

:rofl:

Sorry.
That word has been so over used with this admin, that it's just a joke now.:jester:

Gotholic

yeah, that seems legit. :rolleyes:

Do the following people seem legit?

- On December 26, 2001, Fox News, citing a Pakistan Observer story, reported that the Afghan Taliban had pronounced Bin Laden dead and buried him in an unmarked grave.

- On January 18, 2002, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf announced: “I think now, frankly, he is dead.”

- Back in April 2002, over nine years ago, Pieczenik told the Alex Jones Show that Bin Laden had already been “dead for months,” and that the government was waiting for the most politically expedient time to roll out his corpse. Pieczenik would be in a position to know, having personally met Bin Laden and worked with him during the proxy war against the Soviets in Afghanistan back in the early 80′s.

Pieczenik said that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001, “Not because special forces had killed him, but because as a physician I had known that the CIA physicians had treated him and it was on the intelligence roster that he had marfan syndrome,” adding that the US government knew Bin Laden was dead before they invaded Afghanistan.

Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist”. He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT.

Recruited by Lawrence Eagleburger as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Management, Pieczenik went on to develop, “the basic tenets for psychological warfare, counter terrorism, strategy and tactics for transcultural negotiations for the US State Department, military and intelligence communities and other agencies of the US Government,” while also developing foundational strategies for hostage rescue that were later employed around the world.

Pieczenik also served as a senior policy planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance, George Schultz and James Baker and worked on George W. Bush’s election campaign against Al Gore. His record underscores the fact that he is one of the most deeply connected men in intelligence circles over the past three decades plus.

The character of Jack Ryan, who appears in many Tom Clancy novels and was also played by Harrison Ford in the popular 1992 movie Patriot Games, is also based on Steve Pieczenik.

- On July 17, 2002, the then-head of counterterrorism at the FBI, Dale Watson, told a conference of law enforcement officials that “I personally think he [Bin Laden] is probably not with us anymore.”

- In October 2002, Afghan President Hamid Karzai told CNN that “I would come to believe that [Bin Laden] probably is dead.

- In 2003, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright told Fox News Channel analyst Morton Kondracke she suspected Bush knew the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and was waiting for the most politically expedient moment to announce his capture.

- In November 2005, Senator Harry Reid revealed that he was told Osama may have died in the Pakistani earthquake of October that year.

- In February 2007, Professor Bruce Lawrence, head of Duke University’s Religious Studies program, stated that the purported video and audio tapes that were being released of Bin Laden were fake and that he was probably dead.

- On November 2, 2007, former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto told Al-Jazeera’s David Frost that Omar Sheikh had killed Osama Bin Laden.

- Former CIA officer and hugely respected intelligence & foreign policy expert Robert Baer, who in 2008 when asked about Bin Laden by a radio host responded, “Of course he is dead.”

- In March 2009, former US foreign intelligence officer and professor of international relations at Boston University Angelo Codevilla stated: “All the evidence suggests Elvis Presley is more alive today than Osama Bin Laden.”

- In May 2009, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari confirmed that his “counterparts in the American intelligence agencies” hadn’t heard anything from Bin Laden in seven years and confirmed “I don’t think he’s alive.”

spike

Yeah, some "I thinks" and speculation....lol.

He died in an earthquake, Omar Sheikh killed him, he died from marfan syndrome.

You really expect anyone to take that seriously? Couldn't help but notice no link.

Professur

Yeah, some "I thinks" and speculation....lol.

He died in an earthquake, Omar Sheikh killed him, he died from marfan syndrome.

You really expect anyone to take that seriously? Couldn't help but notice no link.

As opposed to ... 'we shot him in the face, and buried the body at sea'? We can't show you any of the photos, or let you interview any of the witnesses ... you'll just have to believe us? Take THAT seriously? If my 6 year old couldn't be more convincing than that, he'd go to bed with no supper.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, i guess that might mean something to the conspiracy-minded if it weren't for the other parties - including AQ - saying that he's dead.

what am i saying? they are part of the conspiracy too!

ResearchMonkey

Is there a nickname for the new bin Laden conspiracy nuts yet?
Baraq Hussein Ubamas 72 versions.

34fi4hu.jpg