insane cricket trivia

unclehobart

Getting zero points in a single session for a batsman is known as what? What is it known as if taken down upon the first pitch?

BeardofPants

So we're not talking about those horrible little insects that smell, and look evil?

cricket.jpg

Just checking....

ris

i thought about replying but you called the first ball of the innings a pitch. it's a bowl dear fellow.

golden duck on that question btw.

caught, leg before, run out, handled the ball, struck twice, bowled, hit wicket, stumped.

i looked on bbc for timed out and obstructed field because i've never seen either of those enforced.

unclehobart

ris said:
i thought about replying but you called the first ball of the innings a pitch. it's a bowl dear fellow.

golden duck on that question btw.

caught, leg before, run out, handled the ball, struck twice, bowled, hit wicket, stumped.

i looked on bbc for timed out and obstructed field because i've never seen either of those enforced.
It was a cut and paste from another forum that was doing cricket trivia ... so it was their mistake. Prolly was written by some yank that had baseball upon the brain. I too thought it looked wrong considering that the pitch is an area of the field and not the act of throwing in and of itself. :)

8 down... 2 to go.

ris

unclehobart said:
It was a cut and paste from another forum that was doing cricket trivia ... so it was their mistake. Prolly was written by some yank that had baseball upon the brain. I too thought it looked wrong considering that the pitch is an area of the field and not the act of throwing in and of itself. :)

8 down... 2 to go.

i did mention the last two... ;)