International OTC invite someone back week

Vote here:

• I like the idea...count me in

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I think the idea sucks...count me out

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

MrBishop

Looking at old posts makes me wonder what happened to those who used to post here regularly..but don't anymore. Sure...some have come back recently (including Flavio :waves: )..some on their own accord. I thought that maybe some were waiting for an invite. I'd like to nominate next week (Mon to Sun) as "Invite Someone Back" week.

It'd be nice to see ris, AuntieEm, Alladinsane etc back on the board, eh?

So...a show of hands! Would this be something you'd go for? Who'd you like back?

unclehobart

If you want to invite people back, just do it. I don't think we need a Star Chamber, a straw poll, 16 ballot initiatives, 4 fillibusters, and a chat about our feelings in order to make it happen. Just skip the red tape, write an email, and attach a few dozen names to it.

MrBishop

unclehobart said:
If you want to invite people back, just do it. I don't think we need a Star Chamber, a straw poll, 16 ballot initiatives, 4 fillibusters, and a chat about our feelings in order to make it happen. Just skip the red tape, write an email, and attach a few dozen names to it.
All-right, who put the wheat in Unc's cereal this morning?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Alot of people left for a REASON. Sure, the people who just sort of drifted away might come back...some of them...many of them left for specific reasons and more than likely aren't gonna come back just cause they get an email.

unclehobart

MrBishop said:
All-right, who put the wheat in Unc's cereal this morning?
Kids are sick, Tonks is under the weather. Sleep was derailed. Come not between the Nazgul and his coffee cup or he will not slay thee in thy turn.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Perhaps a mass email to all inactive (not banned) accounts saying "WE MISS YOU!"

or something.

shrug.

MrBishop

unclehobart said:
Kids are sick, Tonks is under the weather. Sleep was derailed. Come not between the Nazgul and his coffee cup or he will not slay thee in thy turn.
Sorry t'hear about that. Tell Tonks "Get well soon" on my behalf!
Sleep being derailed...I'm used to that one :(

Gotholic

Isn't their an option for one of the Admins to just send out a blanket e-mail to all of the posters? I believe this would be most effective.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Or..

we can let them come back if they want, and leave them alone, like Unc said if you want email someone, otherwise leave em alone.

Gotholic

paul_valaru said:
Or..
we can let them come back if they want, and leave them alone, like Unc said if you want email someone, otherwise leave em alone.

How can they come back if they have forgotten this place? I don't think one e-mail to all posters would be bothersome as long as it is not frequent.

MrBishop

OTC if not exactly forgetteable...but people find new toys to play with and like all new relationships, the grass is always greener for the first little while. Then you forget how nice it was here. ;)