Internet Dating...

ClarabellaUK

That's what's up with me!

Having paid 45 quid to sign up to Match.com I'd advise everyone ever considering it not to!

The place is so poor...

So annoyed!

The set up is so not user friendly... the searches are way too temperamental ("incorrect postal code" my arse!) there's no instant messaging and the thing thats really ticked me off... in 4 days only 40 visits and one ONE One guy out of all who's visited and all the 12 I've winked and emailed at deems me worthy of a response!!!

Now those of you who like to rationalise and argue black is white will obviously simply say... "that just means you need to modify your profile..." well its not the profile!

I'm on DatingDirect.co.uk with the very same profile and I get at least 10 views a day and I'm literally chatting on IM to on average 3 guys simulataneously!

It seems to me that either the guys on Match are way way way too picky or more likely... the "hook" wink is not a real profile at all... meerly one to encourage you to subscribe!

*steps off soap box

Calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean...

So... Anyone done the old internet desperado dating then?

Any hits, tips, tricks?

Any stories to tell? scarier or funnier the better! :beerbang:

Altron

I wouldn't recommend dating the internet. It's just got so many users... how can you ever be that "one special someone" to an electronic entity with billions of webpages?

chcr

Too cute for words
Founded by a christian fundamentalist. I've never used them (needless to say) but I've heard stories about folks getting matched with multiple highly questionable matches. It's a well known problem among atheists. It may be different in England since they tend to be less serious about their religion in general. Do they even have Eharmony there?

BlurOfSerenity

eharmony also doesn't do same-sex matching. they're a business and can serve whomever they want, but it makes me not want to support them at all, on principle.

have you tried okcupid.com ? i have a friend who's had a little success on it, though nothing long-term yet.

tonksy

Don't you think it's all uncomfy to date like that? Isn't nicer to meet a person through a person and it's all casual and next thing you know you are dating?

A.B.Normal

Don't you think it's all uncomfy to date like that? Isn't nicer to meet a person through a person and it's all casual and next thing you know you are dating?

How'd you meet Unc again?

The whole Edating thing is no different than Classified/Personal via the Newspaper.

tonksy

I met him here -not a dating site- and we chatted online and on the phone and we weren't "dating" until 6 months at the least after that. We were friends first. :shrug:

I guess my point is it happened naturally.

A.B.Normal

I'm only guessing ,but aren't the dating sites just an introduction Service,you still need to deal with the getting to know one another (flirting etc..)

A.B.Normal

But it's like a blind date - all pressure-y.

If they were to meet in person,but emailing back and forth or chatting via MSN ,isn't pressury is it.I mean you can always edit and not just blurt out that you have that same dress as her in your closet.

tonksy

See, I guess I thought it was like a blind date where you meet in a public place. I guess I thought the folks at the site set up the meeting.