Interview advice

IDLEchild

People here generally give excellent advice so here goes.

Is it a good idea to polietly ask a compnay's financial health during an interview? Slipping that question in during the end of the interview?

I mean it's only fair. I've seen people get hired in November, be well liked, work hard and get laid off in March...and this is from a financially stable company.

Professur

It would be far better to get that info before the interview. It's highly unlikely that the person interviewing you would be able to answer it.

IDLEchild

It would be far better to get that info before the interview. It's highly unlikely that the person interviewing you would be able to answer it.

Tried but the company is young, not a retail business so it doesn't have much of an internet presence.

Dave

I would think that would be tacky but I've worked in healthcare for quite some time now. I'm ignorant to the realities of the corporate world.

2minkey

bootlicker

it's also highly unlikely that they'll give you anything other than the rosy bullshit version.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We all know it's a fair question. I don't know that the interviewer or his employers would agree.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I would ask about future growth, as a polite question about the company, and take what they say, and see if you can find the truth in that.

MrBishop

It's a valid question...but you're likely to get a rosy answer..otherwise they wouldn't be hiring, would they?

IDLEchild

Thank you all. I won't be asking this question. I'll just cross my fingers and hope it goes well.

There's always Mcdonalds if nothing else.