Invasion!!!!!!!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Apple has ported Safari to Windows XP and Windows Vista with version 3. You can download the beta version of Safari 3 from Apple’s site. This new formidable browsing option is just what Web developers need.

I beg to differ with the asshole who wrote that. What developers need are standard complying browsers, not more browsers to test with. If all of them complied with the rules, then there would be no need to test with different browsers at all.

Inkara1

$5 says things that render just fine in Mac Safari won't render fine in Windows safari and vice versa.

JJR512

I downloaded this to my home computer about 10 days or so ago. It refused to work. It would not start. Every time I tried to start it, it would immediately crash.

I decided to try again on a computer at work, which also runs WinXP Pro SP2, just like my home computer. It ran fine. However, I noticed that some menu bar options on vBulletin message boards were different between IE6 and WinSafari. Specifically, the drop-down menu bars (like Search and Quick Links) were gone, replaced (if I recall correctly) by a simple Search link and some other links like Mark Forums Read (some of the links from Quick Links). However, in the real Safari on Mac OS X (incidentally, what I am working on right now), the vBulletin menu bars are the same as in IE6/IE7 on Windows.

Mirlyn

$5 says things that render just fine in Mac Safari won't render fine in Windows safari and vice versa.

Fighting that now. Got a website that gives SSL errors only in mac safari (and even then, not all the time), but not in any other browser or platform. A royal pain to troubleshoot.