iPhone

Inkara1

Not just no, not just hell no, but hell fucking no. That would require me to switch to Cingular/AT&T.

tonksy

I want one....but I want to wait until the kinks are worked out. I figure they have them hammered out by the time my precious gives out.

tonksy

The 8125 has held up :shrug:

You know what I wonder and forgive me if this is a dimbulb question...but...can your iphone be inserted into an ipod docking station?

unclehobart

It would be an ingenious reverse marketing strategy for sales if it did. If they are expecting to sell 10 million of these things, you figure that half of them probably don't own iPods or other gear... and a few million of them just might want to.

I need to get some Apple stock.

Inkara1

I would hope it's usable with the current iPod connector... a lot of cars are coming with those these days.

Inkara1

There's one listed on craigslist here for $725 now... bought and needs to sell ASAP. Moron.

kuulani

My brother has an iPhone.

The very person with no computer, no email, no iPod, no interest in anything other than weed has an iPhone.

:trippy:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My brother has an iPhone.

The very person with no computer, no email, no iPod, no interest in anything other than weed has an iPhone.

:trippy:

That makes me feel he has it to be a status symbol..without a computer he can't really use it as a music player (unless he gets the music from someone else)...if he doesn't even have an email, makes me think he doesn't spend much time browsing the net...even if he does use other people's computers...you're basically saying he bought an iphone to use JUST as a phone?!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A well-known hacker claims to have overcome restrictions on Apple's iPhone, allowing highly technical users to bypass AT&T's network to use the phone's wireless internet and music features

Source

Apple has released what it will cost to replace the battery in the iPhone, and consumers might be a bit put off. Replacement is a tricky ordeal, as the battery is apparently soldered into the device. The service will cost $79, plus $6.95 for shipping, plus an optional $29 'loaner iPhone' rental. A consumer advocacy group sent a letter to Apple complaining that this information was not made public before iPhone's release since the cost of the battery replacement is so high. Even reviewer Harvey Rosenfield, who is usually very kind to Apple, was quoted as saying 'some of them might be waking up now, wondering who they got in bed with.'"

Source

An Eighty dollar battery you can't even replace by yourself? Oh goody.