iPhone

Inkara1

My phone has a music player and a camera built in.

The camera does come in handy for when you need one right now. It's always on you. If you should get in an accident or something, where capturing the moment is more important than top image quality, then the camera is very handy. The one on my phone is 1.3 megapixel... no substitute for the 5 megapixels of the main camera... but nice for if a turkey vulture hits my windshield (actually happened) or I see a door mat that says, "home of the worls'd most expensive free cat" and I want to show someone (actually happened).

Inkara1

Naw... thought about it but didn't get it. I really want the one that says, "there's no place like 127.0.0.1" but I don't want to pay $40 for it.

Winky

Gimme an old school bar phone sans the bells and whistles
Anytime

they are becoming impossible to find anymore

I'm draggin a Kyocera Dorado KX13

Around for over a year now:

Kyocera-Dorado-KX13.jpg

But if I was to upgrade or when this one certainly dies
I'd go with this upscale honey:

Motorola SLVRL7

motorolaSLVRL7.jpg

markjs

Banned
I have AT&T and like it just fine. They have always been good to me and in my neck of the wooods Tmobile and Verizon have little to no coverage (most Tmobile people up here set their phones to use AT&T towers) So it's Sprint or AT&T, and judging from my good friend's experience with Sprint I am perfectly happy with AT&T.

As for an iPhone.....NEVER! What a waste just so one can look cool? All those extra features are just a way to waste the battery so you can't use the phone when it's needed. My LG camera phone is wonderful....In fact it fell out of my pocken on the bike doing 60mph and still worked!

markjs

Banned
It's going to become just like those stupid Razrs everyone will have to have one just for the sake of show. Personally I think Motorola phones are really badly designed and not intuitive to use. If one has to read a manual to learn to operate a phone it's too damn complicated. A phone ought to be intuitive and user friendly.

tonksy

I held an iphone the other day...it was really kind of cool and I experienced a hint of phone envy. My phone is my brain and I can not function properly without it. The phone is my master. I awake and check the phone to see what I need to be doing that day.

Inkara1

You forgot to mention that Motorola phones of the past few years seem to be pretty unreliable.

markjs

Banned
My phone is my brain and I can not function properly without it. The phone is my master. I awake and check the phone to see what I need to be doing that day.

OMG do I feel ya there! I would have no direction in life if nnot for my phones calender.

tonksy

I seriously doubt I could be anywhere near as productive without it. I just don't think I could balance it all.

unclehobart

Gimme an old school bar phone sans the bells and whistles
Anytime

they are becoming impossible to find anymore

I'm draggin a Kyocera Dorado KX13

Around for over a year now:

Kyocera-Dorado-KX13.jpg

But if I was to upgrade or when this one certainly dies
I'd go with this upscale honey:

Motorola SLVRL7

motorolaSLVRL7.jpg
Duuude.... thats my phone!

pc_builder

I got an older Nokia flip phone. No camera. It was the free phone when I signed with Sprint. There have been times when I've needed a camera in certain situations and didn't have my real one on me. So the next phone I get is going to at least have a camera. But I don't care about the other features. I have an ipod and it has been awesome so far. I need a new digital camera but the one I have isn't too bad for the time being.

When I was on vacation in Minneapolis, I played with an iphone at the apple store. It was cool and I kind of wanted it. But not only is it too expensive, but AT&T has absolutely no service here in Fargo. And no plans to expand here either.

I'm going to check out verizon when my sprint contract is up. Most of my friends are there and they say their service is great.

I've never had any problems with sprint, though. So I don't know what people are talking about when they vaguely refer to how bad sprint is. :p

BeardofPants

I'm no Luddite, either. I just prefer not to put all my eggs in one basket. As long as you're happy with yours, though, more power to ya'. ;)

Doesn't matter if y'can sync with the comp to update it though, does it? As tonks said, buy another and re-sync. :shrug:

Professur

iPhone owners get offered $100 credit for jumping in with both feet.

Jobs says sorry for proving yet again that people are stupid.

News at 11.

kuulani

I held an iphone the other day...it was really kind of cool and I experienced a hint of phone envy. My phone is my brain and I can not function properly without it. The phone is my master. I awake and check the phone to see what I need to be doing that day.

Me too!! I'm seriously planning to get one soon!! I'm waiting to move into my new house and then I can buy me a brand new iMac and an iPhone at the same time.

I don't want to contaminate my iPhone by plugging it in to my Dell that I'm currently stuck with :D