Israelis not waiting for U.S. approval

jimpeel

Especially with a know-nothing pacifist at our helm.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461588,00.html

Report: Israel Preparing to Strike Iran Without U.S. Consent

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Israel is drawing up plans to attack Iran's nuclear facilities and is prepared to launch a strike without backing from the U.S., an Israeli newspaper reported Thursday.

Officials in the Israeli Defense Ministry told The Jerusalem Post that while they prefer to act in consultation with the U.S., they are preparing plans that would allow them to act alone.

"It is always better to coordinate," a senior Defense Ministry official told the newspaper. "But we are also preparing options that do not include coordination."

It would be difficult, but not impossible, to launch a strike against Iran without permission from the U.S., as the American Air Force controls the Iraqi airspace Israel's jets would have to enter on a bombing mission.

"There are a wide range of risks one takes when embarking on such an operation," a senior Israeli official told the Post.

Iran, the world's fourth-largest crude oil producer, maintains that its uranium enrichment activities are aimed at making fuel for a network of planned electricity-generating nuclear power plants and not for developing weapons.

However Israel intelligence sources say Iran has sufficient nuclear material to make an atomic bomb.

Last month, amid mounting fears in Israel that the U.S. was doing nothing to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power, Ehud Olmert, Israel's Prime Minister, warned President Bush the last chance of destroying Tehran’s nuclear bomb-making program was passing.

Iran dismisses the possibility of an Israeli strike.

"We think that regional and international developments and the complicated situation faced by Israel itself will not allow it to launch military strikes against other countries," Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi said, according to the Press TV Web site.

"Israel makes threats to promote its psychological and media warfare," Qashqavi said.

A report, published in September in Britain's Guardian newspaper, claimed that Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert requested a green light to attack Iran in May but was refused by Bush.

MrBishop

Hmmm...I wonder who's airspace they're going to violate in order to get TO Iran.

Syria and Iraq perhaps?
Jordan and Iraq?
Jordan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia?
Syria and Turkey?

2minkey

bootlicker
i just love all these threads that dredge up masturbatory violence and war fantasies.

"you go get 'em israel! you bomb 'em good."

it's one thing to understand that such things are necessary.

it's another to get off on them.

i once asked one of my old girlfriends what she thought american culture was all about.

her immediate, accurate, and largely unfortunate response was

"war... football... and boobs."

notice how the middle one forms a near perfect bridge between the other two.

cowboy-cheer.jpg

GO TEAM!!!

GrandCaravanSE

i just love all these threads that dredge up masturbatory violence and war fantasies.

"you go get 'em israel! you bomb 'em good."

it's one thing to understand that such things are necessary.

it's another to get off on them.

i once asked one of my old girlfriends what she thought american culture was all about.

notice how the middle one forms a near perfect bridge between the other two.

cowboy-cheer.jpg

GO TEAM!!!

Yea Boobs... GO TEAM!!!!

Professur

A remarkably insightful person. I hope you treasure her appropriately.

Inkara1

Well, there's a chance she was insightful and also a frigid bitch... or he walked in on her pigging some guy in a Yugo he won.

2minkey

bootlicker
Well, there's a chance she was insightful and also a frigid bitch... or he walked in on her pigging some guy in a Yugo he won.

wait, how do you know about the yugo? did i post something about that earlier?

no, she was insightful, and she was fantastic in bed, but eventually it became clear that things would not work out... this is when i learned that dating across class lines often turns out to be troublesome, in that the two folks may not share basic assumptions about the way things is, and, just as importantly, the way things could be.