It's been a while...

Scanty

i hated CDT at school. All i can remember is having to make a little box thing with some kind of mechanism in it, as a toy for little kids.

Mine was a red hot-air balloon with 'Virgin' painted on it and a little Richard Branson inside. The balloon just went up, then down, then up, then down.

:D

My teacher wasn't very impressed. :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I get to build stuff in school starting next year. I am going to be doing civil engineering. I am so excited.

This year is just a common first year for all engineers. We do get to do a drafting course next semester though, I am excited about that! :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
they're casting-moulds....those can't be taken apart and are most likely to be ruined :cool:

now working on the other ones that CAN be taken apart...but i haven't been to school in 2.5 weeks now....

and yay! @ FUBAR english...sorry, hope you get the general idea :D

:eek10:

whoreable

construx would be cool too. i used to build little toy crossbows outta those whne i was youngs...i just can't imagiane waht i could build today.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
so, you pour some sort of moulton marterial in there and then you get a little cylinder?

What is the cylinder for?

Inquisitive minds need to know!!! :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
well we kinda pour some liquid metal shit in it and then all it basically has to do is being demolished while we see how that happens :D

don't ask why...it's all part of the weird brain of a teacher who wants to show us how far you can go with certain things :cool:

and whoreable...want a HUGE box of Construx? I still got it :) :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
whoo hoo!!! Demolishing things is fun *doesn't think that is the additude an engineering student should have*

Well, I hope one day soon you get to make something that gets to stay intact!!! :D

unclehobart

Its the german method of apprenticeship. Even the top engineers start off filing metal so that they understand the nature of all that they will be dealing with in the future. Its a full immersion education method by menial tasks.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OH WAIT!

I know what you should do!!!

Make a REALLY big one, use that to mold a smaller one, then make the smaller one into a mold and keep doing that til you have a whole set that all fit in side each other!!!!! :cocktail: