"It's Fun to Shoot Some People"

In these days of leftist PC it's nice to hear a Marine say:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...ral_counseled_for_comments_1107463567?mode=PF

WASHINGTON --Decorated Marine Corps general Lt. Gen. James Mattis said, "It's fun to shoot some people" and poked fun at the manhood of Afghans as he described the wars U.S. troops are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

According to an audio recording, he said, "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. ... It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling."

He added, "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Lt. Gen Mattis is the kind of military we need---someone willing and eager to kill the bad guys. Someone who hasn't ever thought of fighting a kinder, gentler war.

catocom

Gonz said:
The whacko's have already begun calling for this guys head... :lol:
It just goes to show how much some people 'really' appreciate what these
guys do for us.
THIS IS A HERO DAMNIT! :mad: (give the Man a break)

HomeLAN

Don't mind him saying it myself, but it gives all kinds of ammunition to those who think the military is inherently evil. Saying that under the circumstances he said it was piss-poor judgement.

Thulsa Doom

Indeed. Keep it in the foxhole. Making a poster boy out of this guy is about the stupidest thing you can do. We dont need anymore "the only good gook is a dead gook" mentality smiling its face on our tv screens. it just sets back our image immeasurably. Maybe its fun to torture prisoners too after all...