It's getting real dicey out there

jimpeel

The Utah Sheriff's Association has thrown down the gauntlet.

SOURCE

January 24, 2013 by Tim Brown
Utah Sheriffs Warn Obama That They Will Go To War Over Guns

The Utah Sheriff’s Association has sent a warning to Barack Obama. It was in the form of a letter in which they pledge to go to war over any plans by his administration to take guns away, even if that means they will lose their lives in the process.
The association called the demonizing of firearms in the wake of the number of mass shootings that America has endured as “foolish and prejudiced.” They rightly pointed out that “Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless.

Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil.”

They also drew on their own experience in law enforcement, something that Barack Obama does not have, as they declared:
“Lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence.”​
“Consequently,” the letter continued, “the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.” Obviously, there is a veiled reference there to the tyranny and criminal activity of an oppressive government.

The Association wrote that they would be in prayer to the Almighty to guide the People’s Representatives collectively as they grapple with regulations. They urged Obama to operate within the guidelines of the Constitution writing, “it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders.”

The letter went on to urged Obama to remember the Founders that created the Constitution and the Bill of Rights “in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.”

Finally, they warned the administration and all federal agencies under the Executive Branch:

“We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. Make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs our our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights–in particular Amendment II–has given them.

As of yet, there has been no talk of confiscation of firearms. However, that was true of Great Britain before the War for Independence as well. It finally resulted in that. My guess is that we will eventually see a push for that in the coming days.

catocom

all this gun talk is bluster
Nothing is going to be enforced. Just like always.
So not to fret Jim.

2minkey

bootlicker
... enter winky to tell you that you're one of those guys that would just turn over his guns when .gov asks...

catocom

This is Georgia.
We just elected Nathan Deal gov.
We're almost on the same lines with Tx.
I don't see it happening.
States will probably divide, and who knows how it may, or may not escalate from there.

I'm going next week to apply for my carry lic.

2minkey

bootlicker
well shit i think i need to get one of them too.

then again that does sound like a real sure fire way to get on "the list." o_O

catocom

Oh, with my past history, I'm sure I'm already there anyway.
They always put my on a 3 day wait when purchasing any firearm.
That's one reason I want the lic. No waiting when you have that.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's amazing how nonchalantly people say that.

Reworded, it says,

I'm going to ask permission from my government to be allowed
to fulfill my federal second amendment right (and most states
have a right to bear amendment in their constitution)

GOD BLESS ARIZONA

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ugh, Cat, a state issued CCW does not do anything to speed up
processing on new gun purchase...on the federal level. If that's state law....NM

2minkey

bootlicker
waiting period can be state or local. in MI some cities have longer periods that others.

in WA if you have a CCW they waive the waiting period (which isn't really a waiting period, but represents the few days it takes the state to run your shit and make sure you ain't a fuck up) but you still get the fed NICS check. i suspect it is similar in some other states.

2minkey

bootlicker
It's amazing how nonchalantly people say that.

Reworded, it says,

I'm going to ask permission from my government to be allowed
to fulfill my federal second amendment right (and most states
have a right to bear amendment in their constitution)

dude to you everything is an offense against the constitution. i have no problem with a waiting period or NICS background check, assuming the law is followed and records of the same are not retained.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
dude to you everything is an offense against the constitution. i have no problem with a waiting period or NICS background check, assuming the law is followed and records of the same are not retained.

You see no problem with having to ask permission to carry a weapon that you had to ask permission to buy, then wait several days to get? When the words say, quite clearly..SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED...
No wonder we're going down the crapper.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Georgia
Paragraph VIII. Arms, right to keep and bear.The right of the people to keep and
bear arms shall not be infringed, but the General Assembly shall have power to prescribe the
manner in which arms may be borne.

Michigan
Sec. 7. Every person has a right to bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

Washington
SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Indiana
Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Arizona
Section 26. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the
state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing
individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

Not a single word about a waiting period nor asking permission nor asking if they can carry

catocom

yeah, we have the "castle" law here, and a permit covers both
open, and concealed carry now.

2minkey

bootlicker
You see no problem with having to ask permission to carry a weapon that you had to ask permission to buy, then wait several days to get? When the words say, quite clearly..SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED...
No wonder we're going down the crapper.

yeah we're going down the crapper because i am not an unreasonable self-righteous cunt.

i am certainly to blame.