It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruz

10 Things You Didn't Know About Sarah Palin
Posted August 29, 2008
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/08/29/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-sarah-palin.html

1. Sarah Louise Palin (nee Heath) was born Feb., 1964, in Sandpoint, Idaho. Her family moved to Alaska when Sarah was an infant. Her father, Chuck, is a retired schoolteacher.

2. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda."

3. Palin graduated in 1987 from the University of Idaho with a degree in journalism. She worked briefly as a sports reporter in Anchorage.

4. She refers to her husband, Todd, as the "First Dude." He's worked as a commercial fisherman and as a production operator on the North Slope for BP. He enjoys snowmobiling and has won the Tesoro Iron Dog, billed as the world's longest snowmobile race, four times.

5. Palin and her husband have five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. Trig, born in 2008, has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Her son Track joined the army in 2007.

6. Her favorite meal is moose stew.

7. She comes from a family of outdoor enthusiasts. Her parents, Chuck and Sally Heath, enjoy hunting and fishing, and have both completed marathons.

8. Palin was named Miss Wasilla in 1984 and was a runner-up for Miss Alaska. In 1996 she was elected mayor of Wasilla.

9. She's a lifetime NRA member and enjoys hunting, fishing, and snowmobiling.

10. Elected in 2006, she's Alaska's first female governor and the youngest governor elected in the state.

I like her... :)

MrBishop

Sarah-Palin-Miss-Wasilla-1984.jpg

tonksy

Well...if they supported Hillary in the first place I would have to question their intelligence. I am all for women in power but certainly not her.

2minkey

bootlicker
I would hope that the "pissed-off women voters" would be too smart to fall for such an obvious gimmick. Eh. :eh:

what is transparent to most of the rest of the world is often remarkably opaque to most americans, who prefer to wave little flags, belong to the "right team," and chant simple slogans, rather than think reflectively about much of anything. it's a brilliant cultural tradition.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
McCain should've picked Condi - female and black too! A sweep of the Obama campaign for sure.

Much like Gen Powell, we don't know her politics.

As for Gov Palin, from what little I've heard, great pick...too early to tell in reality. I second the "she's the first woman President"

jimpeel

Thanks McCain. You just handed over the election. Sweet.

A two year governor who's under investigation. She will get absolutely creamed in any debate with Biden.

Lovin' this!

What "investigation"?

She will verbally gut Biden like one of her Moose and eat him for lunch.

jimpeel

govp_kuwaitvisit04s.jpg

CAMP VIRGINIA, Kuwait – (July 25, 2007) Alaska Governor Sarah Palin looks over a squad of her Soldiers
during a visit to Camp Virginia, Kuwait July 25. The tour of the desert camp culminated with lunch with
her Alaska National Guard Soldiers in the dining facility.

Anyone got any pictures of Biden visiting the troops from his home state of Delaware?

spike

I would hope that the "pissed-off women voters" would be too smart to fall for such an obvious gimmick. Eh. :eh:

Exactly, like women who supported Hillary are going to suddenly turn hardcore pro-life and want creationism taught in schools just because Palin is female. :laugh:

jimpeel

The investigation already mentioned in this thread.

You mean the one that went nowhere after the investigation revealed that it was her staffers and that she had no knowledge of what was done? You mean THAT investigation?

Your post stated "A two year governor who's (contraction of WHO IS) under investigation."

That investigation is over and she was not shown to be involved. Where do you get off using "who is" as though she is currently under investigation?

If you really have anything on her you wouldn't be making it up.

Nope, Biden is a proven skillful debater...she doesn't stand a chance in hell.

We'll talk about that after the debate. Of course Biden could crawl whimpering from the room and you would still claim him as the victor.

spike

You mean the one that went nowhere after the investigation revealed that it was her staffers and that she had no knowledge of what was done? You mean THAT investigation?

No the one that is going on right now.

Your post stated "A two year governor who's (contraction of WHO IS) under investigation."

That investigation is over and she was not shown to be involved. Where do you get off using "who is" as though she is currently under investigation?

Because she is currently under investigation Jimbo. You need to check your facts.

Check it.

"But the 44-year-old Palin, who was selected as Sen. John McCain's running mate today, is now the focus of her own state ethics investigation"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wa...s/2008/08/mccains_vp_pick_palin_facing_e.html

If you really have anything on her you wouldn't be making it up.

Sorry to disappoint you with facts Jim but you just screwed up.

We'll talk about that after the debate. Of course Biden could crawl whimpering from the room and you would still claim him as the victor.

No chance of that but I'm sure if she ran away sobbing in the middle you would still claim her as victor.

Status
Not open for further replies.