It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBishop

Dude: If she didn't oppose it until the last breath and admits to merely 'putting it out of it's misery' - why is she still claiming that she single-handedly killed the budget-to-nowhere?

2minkey

bootlicker
... and according to your next post HERE you gloatingly acknowledge that most of the money was nearly all spent without any intervention on her part whatsoever.

and how is that?

i'd really like to know how you can interpret that out of my post.

please, do tell sparky.

2minkey

bootlicker
Fine. Then let's put it this way instead and maybe, just maybe, it will appease your visceral hatred of all things Pailn.

SHE PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY

"visceral hatred?" well, okay, you got me. i don't like it when dumb people are in important positions. what a wacky concept.

yes, put it out of its misery. right. this is as if she hit a deer with her truck and gave it a whack with a 9 iron to finish it off, but talks like she's out there stalking and killing caribou with a pocketknife.

next she'll tell us that she could beat tiger woods, and then we'll find out that such claims are based on her getting a hole-in-one at the wasilla putt-putt and brew.

if you don't see that she's vastly overstating her role in heroically standing against the bridge to nowhere, well, you're...just... unable to see through your own forty foot thick wall of bullshit.

and if you're not questioning her honesty because of this incident, then you're just a fool.

spike

A) How many of the following states gave back funds to the federal government in 2007?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

B) How many of the following states used monies earmarked for certain projects on other projects instead?

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Answers:

A) None of them, not even Illinois, the wonderful state of the Messiah.

B) All of them, even Illinois, the wonderful state of the Messiah.

Welcome to the wonderful world of politics. Get used to it.

Hey Jimbo, how about you provide some proof for your claims? Otherwise people might think you made it up in your head.

This research editor seems to disagree with you.

The following is her claim just for education funds:

State

Funds Returned
Alabama

$1,517,152
Alaska

$396,396
American Samoa

$901,109
Arizona

$3,013,975
Arkansas

$56,241
California

$1,680,554
Colorado

$912,933
Connecticut

$915,805
Delaware

$522,817
District of Columbia

$3,077,389
Florida

$3,525,865
Georgia

$3,643,267
Guam

$968,860
Hawaii

$229,132
Idaho

$241,109
Illinois

$1,052,991
Indiana

$1,485,081
Iowa

$337,920
Kansas

$79,947
Kentucky

$374,989
Louisiana

$6,060,902
Maine

$31,579
Mariana Islands

$77,922
Maryland

$1,772,645
Massachusetts

$126,313
Michigan

$5,093,607
Micronesia

$364,604
Minnesota

$116,408
Mississippi

$793,899
Missouri

$4,696,297
Montana

$279,013
Nebraska

$271,161
Nevada

$685,696
New Hampshire

$233,702
New Jersey

$3,447,871
New Mexico

$6,215,135
New York

$1,653,779
North Carolina

$80,381
North Dakota

$1,062,722
Ohio

$580,218
Oklahoma

$451,311
Oregon

$692,200
Palau

$65,488
Pennsylvania

$3,457,847
Puerto Rico

$38,636,034
Rhode Island

$37,488
South Carolina

$372,997
South Dakota

$131,527
Tennessee

$3,869,768
Texas

$11,007,911
Utah

$108,715
Vermont

$18,258
Virginia

$3,452,832
Virgin Islands

$2,038,587
Washington

$424,657
West Virginia

$118,118
Wisconsin

$465,247
Wyoming

$386,579

Which one of you is correct Jim?

jimpeel

Hey Jimbo, how about you provide some proof for your claims? Otherwise people might think you made it up in your head.

I apologize. I should have said "infrastructure funds". Unused infrastructure funds are not like education funds. Education funds are based on per pupil / use-it-or-lose-it while infrastructure funds can roll over.

Both. I just should have been more specific.

Also, federal education funds are not actually "returned". They simply don't get any funds over the level which they can use.

jimpeel

By the way, Spike. That was some very nice research and you deserve credit for doing that. I would like to see you do that on more occasions. It enhances your credibility on the board and everyone is really getting tired of the trite one liners.

Keep up the good work and it will be a pleasure debating you.

jimpeel

Ha! It's trivial next to Tanning bed-gate

My goodness! What is she possibly trying to hide? Has this woman no shame?

:p

Self-proclaimed "hockey mom" Sarah Palin had a private tanning bed installed in the Governor's Mansion in Juneau, Alaska, Usmagazine.com confirmed on Monday.

"She did. She paid for it with her own money," Roger Wetherell, chief communications officer of Alaska's Department of Transportation and Public Facilities told Us.

[Whiney Palin hater]The rotten bitch! How dare she use her own money? That robs us of still one more juvenile, moronic "scandal" to distract the voters with! YOU BITCH! YOU ROTTEN BITCH![/Whiney Palin hater]

jimpeel

The American Thinker has an article on "Tanning-bed-gate"

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/09/the_latest_sarah_palin_scandal.html

September 16, 2008
The latest Sarah Palin 'scandal'
David Paulin

Can you believe the latest scandal over Sarah Palin? She installed a tanning bed in the governor's mansion and -- what's worse -- she paid for the contraption with her own money! The latest scandal over Sarah Palin was first reported by a couple of left-wing nuts at Narco News, an online publicaton that in the past I've seen putting out pro-Hugo Chavez propoganda.

Here's the spin on the tanning bed scandal from Narco News: "A politician emerges, we are told, from humble roots and pledges to restore America’s small town family values and represent the common man and woman." And yet all along, the story continues, she's using a tanning bed! It's all on par, according to NarcoNews, with John Edward's $400 haircut!

Even Politico regurgates the TanningGate story.

I wonder if such a fuss was ever stirred up over FDR's having torn up the White House lawn to build a swimming pool there. Richard Nixon, come to think of it, used to turn up the AC full blast in the summer at the White House, so he could get a fire going in the fire place. He had a lot on his mind, at the time. So if that helped him to sort out his thoughts, who could blame him? Then again, maybe the fire contributed to global warming. And we all know, of course, how Bill Clinton eased his nerves at the White House; I wonder if Narco News got itself worked up about that.

I've heard that people tend to get depressed pretty easily in Alaska, what with all the darkness and cold up there. So, it sounds like Sarah had the right idea. I might just have to check out one of those tanning beds myself. I'll worry about the wintertime blues now -- the skin cancer later, when I'm in my 50s or 60s.

The good news, of course, is that the opposition must be getting desperate if this is all they've got to throw at Sarah.

Thomas Lifson adds: I detect a bit of class-based disdain for those who use tanning beds instead of a week in St. Barth's to darken their skin.
Posted at 09:44 AM

spike

By the way, Spike. That was some very nice research and you deserve credit for doing that. I would like to see you do that on more occasions. It enhances your credibility on the board and everyone is really getting tired of the trite one liners.

Maybe you could do something to enhance your credibility since everyone is getting so extremely tired of your made up crap, opinion pieces, name calling, incredibly flawed logic, tantrum throwing, and trolling.

By the way, while you were wrong about states not returning federal funds, you still haven't provided any evidence that no state has returned "infrastructure funds".

nalani

On that subject, how do you get "Farve" out of "Favre"?

*shrug* don't ask me .. I don't know why he either can't spell or can't pronounce his name :D Must be a cultural linguistic thing .. what is his ethnicity, do you know?

tonksy

I am really getting sick of this thread. Y'all keep the childish namecalling to yourself or I'll lock it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
fringe_right bullshit bucket.

You could have saved time & stopped there. It says it all.

Troopergate. Look into it. There's nothing there. I don't know where you get "fails to cooperate"...the "victims" have both said she was right in doing what sahe did.

Cronyism...in politics, say it ain't so Joe.

I've found her answers to questions short but sufficient. I also like the fact that she doesn't allow the questioner to trap her in a position where she doesn't stand or to put words in here mouth.

I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems that you've been hell bent on insulting her from the beginning. It looks more personal than substanitive. :shrug:

jimpeel

Dude: If she didn't oppose it until the last breath and admits to merely 'putting it out of it's misery' - why is she still claiming that she single-handedly killed the budget-to-nowhere?

Oh, I really don't believe that. That was merely my appeasement post.

She had the final say. She signed off on the budget -- a budget which contained no funds for the bridge. Yepsiree. She killed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.