It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkara1

She's not bad-looking at all... I mean, I don't fap to pictures of her at night but she's a darn sight better than a lot of other women out there.

Mare

After all, just look at how she feels about caribou and bears! And giant crabs! She likes them dead! All dead! She probably can't wait to play with the big guns! :rolleyes:

palin.jpg
30palin3large.jpg

Oh Yeah, and wait till that PMS:devil: kicks in.............We'll see how her and McCain get along then! ROFLMAO

tonksy

JJR said:
The only thing I don't understand...well, the biggest mystery of them all, at least--is why people keep referring to Palin as "attractive".

sarah-palin-1.jpg
Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

I'd say Sarah is a good site more attractive than the competition as it were.

Dave

There is just one thing i don't understand.
Everyone is complaining how piss poor this country is being run, yet they fuss about a lack of experience when a new person comes on the scene. The incumbants regularly get re-elected and the bitching about how things are run starts anew.

Lets give some new people a shot. What the hell, they can't make things much worse and if they do, there is always another election coming up.

jimpeel

The foreign press chimes in.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...ns/article4641030.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

August 31, 2008

Sarah Palin: conservatives find the girl of their dreams
The Alaskan governor’s family life and political views press the right’s buttons

When Sarah Palin stepped into the spotlight as John McCain’s running mate in Dayton, Ohio, and promised that women could “shatter that glass ceiling once and for all”, it was an electrifying moment in a presidential election that had already produced its share of upsets and surprises.

History was on the march again the morning after Barack Obama became the first African-American to accept his party’s White House nomination. After the fireworks, the 80,000-strong crowd who had cheered Obama to the skies at the Mile High stadium in Denver woke up with a hangover.

“We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,” said Camille Paglia, the cultural critic. “That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. Palin is as tough as nails.”

With her beehive hairdo and retro specs, Palin, 44, has a “naughty librarian vibe”, according to Craig Ferguson, the Scottish comedian who stars on late-night US television. However, the selection of Palin, the governor of Alaska and a mother of five, as the first female Republican vice-presidential nominee is no joke for the Democrats.

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio chat show host, exulted, “We’re the ones with a babe on the ticket” — one, moreover, with a reputation as a tax-cutter and corruption buster in her job as the first woman governor of Alaska.

Palin’s selection on the eve of the Republican convention in St Paul, Minnesota, has set the stage for an epic battle for the votes of women, African-Americans, evangelical Christians and the young. The demographic wars that dominated the contest between Obama and Hillary Clinton are now set to be replicated in the national election.

Will America fall in love with Palin or will she fizzle, like Dan Quayle, the vice-president to George Bush Sr who could not spell “potatoe”? Can she help McCain to defeat Obama, a modern political phenomenon, who drew a record-shattering television audience of nearly 40m — more than the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing — to watch his convention speech?

“Good Lord, we had barely 12 hours of Democrat optimism,” said Paglia. “It was a stunningly timed piece of PR by the Republicans.”

Whether Palin’s selection is more than a political stunt depends on how she handles the electoral pressure cooker. With the election in November, there is no time for on-the-job training. Karl Rove, Bush’s former aide, offered a guarded welcome to the “gun-packing, hockey-playing” governor, sayhing: “We’ll get a taste in the next five days of how well she does in the 62 days that follow.”

After Obama’s acceptance speech was wiped from the front pages, even he was forced to acknowledge that she “seems like a compelling person . . . with a terrific personal story”. Republicans are hailing their potential new vice-president as the all-American girl of their dreams.

Palin is gunning for the 18m women who voted for Hillary Clinton — a third of whom have not made up their mind to back Obama, according to the latest polls. McCain specifically deployed the language of feminism and civil rights when announcing her candidacy. “She stands up for what’s right and she doesn’t let anyone tell her to sit down,” he said.

Palin’s parents learnt that she had been selected by McCain while they were heading for a remote camp in Alaska to hunt caribou. “I was speechless,” her father said. The skin of a grizzly bear that he shot drapes the sofa in her office.

[more]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
There is just one thing i don't understand.
Everyone is complaining how piss poor this country is being run, yet they fuss about a lack of experience when a new person comes on the scene.

Experience handling huge influxes of cash (a trillion dollar economy) and/or a mass payroll (With more than 1.8 million civilian employees, the Federal Government, excluding the Postal Service is the Nation’s largest employer. -from BLS) are helpful. People who know how to work within a confused & chaotic beauracracy helps too.

I agree than an outsider would help, due to the nature of the beast, we need to start with firing Congress.

Cerise

Oh Yeah, and wait till that PMS:devil: kicks in.............We'll see how her and McCain get along then! ROFLMAO

Ha! She'll go hormonal on the Axis of Evil! ("Negotiate? I got your negotiations right here.")

They'll just wish they were dealing with ol' cowboy George!

2minkey

bootlicker
i just saw her speaking in a few clips...

seems really good at slogan type stuff, but doesn't seem to be much behind them eyes. figures.

great. a "trophy VP."

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I never got on the Perot bandwagon. He seemed to good to be true from the beginning.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since I'm too lazy to look this up, find some salt....

From what I heard the other day, there have only been two Congresses in our history that have had a veto proof & filibuster proof majority.

We ended up wit the Great Society & the New Deal. Thank you LBJ & FDR

JJR512

She's not bad-looking at all... I mean, I don't fap to pictures of her at night but she's a darn sight better than a lot of other women out there.
No, I wouldn't say she's "bad-looking", either. I just wouldn't say "attractive". Not even in her younger pictures.
sarah-palin-1.jpg
Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

I'd say Sarah is a good site more attractive than the competition as it were.
True...

And the sad thing is that being attractive (supposedly) will definitely help. It shouldn't have anything to do with it, of course. I remember that in surveys conducted after the Nixon-Kennedy debates, those who listened to it on the radio thought Nixon won, while those who watched it on TV (the first presidential debates to be televised) thought Kennedy won.

jimpeel

Another mistake that will be used aginst her. Nice.

Are you saying you don't support JAG?

You ready to admit your mistake about the investigation? Where do you get off making things up without checking facts? :laugh:

Yes, I was under the impression that the investigation was no longer ongoing. I erred. I was mistaken. I was wrong. I shall now fall on my sword -- ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

I didn't make anything up. I was merely wrong.

I never said anything about not supporting JAG. I illustrated that one man has boots on the ground and the other occupies an office. Which one has the safest assignment in your estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.