I've rediscovered "shopping"...

Aunty Em

Yep, I've gone down 3 sizes in clothes and I'm having a ball trying different new styles... sorry bank account... :lol:

Looks like my PCs are gonna have to take a back seat for a while. :D

Aunty Em

Well, I'm having my angiogram(heart catheter) next Wednesday, and I saw the Bariatric Dietician on tuesday. I asked her how long it was after patients have seen her that they usually have their gastric bypass... she said 6 months... so looks like I'll be missing christmas this year... but I should be looking really sexy by this time next year... so I guess it'll be worth it. LOL

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Well, I'm having my angiogram(heart catheter) next Wednesday, and I saw the Bariatric Dietician on tuesday. I asked her how long it was after patients have seen her that they usually have their gastric bypass... she said 6 months... so looks like I'll be missing christmas this year... but I should be looking really sexy by this time next year... so I guess it'll be worth it. LOL

If you've dropped 3 sizes, then whatever you're doing is working, so why the gastric bypass? Whoever your doctor is should be beaten repeatedly about the head and shoulders for even suggesting such an extreme, and unnecessary, surgery. :grumpy:

Aunty Em

It's not unnecessary... it's taken me 6 months to lose 19kgs. Lately my weight has been going up and down... I lose weight, I put some back on, ad infinitum. The chances of my continuing to lose weight at this rate are slim on past experience. I have to get down to 11 stone... and keep it off... I'm still 25 stone and my BMI is 54.6, it should be less than 25. At this rate it will take me 3 1/2 years to lose it... but the strain is too much for my heart and I'll probably be dead before then. Drastic problems call for drastic remedies and it has to be a permanant solution, because if I put it back on I'll be in the same position again and there will be no reprieve. From speaking to the dietitian last Tuesday I know I'll get this op towards the end of the year, around september to october time. I still have to see one other consultant after my cardiac catheter next week. I'm prepared to take the risk because I'm not ready to give up and die. There's a lot of things I want to do before that.

I needed to get down to this weight so I could have the operation through keyhole surgery because the recovery time is shorter and the risks are lessened... that's what has kept me going... but its becoming a real struggle now.

chcr

Too cute for words
It's not unnecessary... it's taken me 6 months to lose 19kgs. Lately my weight has been going up and down... I lose weight, I put some back on, ad infinitum. The chances of my continuing to lose weight at this rate are slim on past experience. I have to get down to 11 stone... and keep it off... I'm still 25 stone and my BMI is 54.6, it should be less than 25. At this rate it will take me 3 1/2 years to lose it... but the strain is too much for my heart and I'll probably be dead before then. Drastic problems call for drastic remedies and it has to be a permanant solution, because if I put it back on I'll be in the same position again and there will be no reprieve. From speaking to the dietitian last Tuesday I know I'll get this op towards the end of the year, around september to october time. I still have to see one other consultant after my cardiac catheter next week. I'm prepared to take the risk because I'm not ready to give up and die. There's a lot of things I want to do before that.

I needed to get down to this weight so I could have the operation through keyhole surgery because the recovery time is shorter and the risks are lessened... that's what has kept me going... but its becoming a real struggle now.

Auntie, the cardiac cath is no big deal, I've had two (one less than a month ago). They even let you stay awake for it here (although on this last one it took so long the "happy juice" wore off once). Keep me posted, we can comiserate about not being allowed to eat anything good. :D

Aunty Em

Auntie, the cardiac cath is no big deal, I've had two (one less than a month ago). They even let you stay awake for it here (although on this last one it took so long the "happy juice" wore off once). Keep me posted, we can comiserate about not being allowed to eat anything good. :D

Oh yeah, I'm going to be awake for it... I'm just scared to death of needles... :eek5:

chcr

Too cute for words
Oh yeah, I'm going to be awake for it... I'm just scared to death of needles... :eek5:

The only needle you'll see is the IV. They put all the drugs in through that, so they're not sticking you constantly. Of course, at our age our veins are harder to hit than they used to be. :shrug: You never see the one they put the catheter in through.

You can always do what my sister usually does and faint when you see the first one. ;)

Aunty Em

The last time I had an IV up I couldn't even look at my hand... I just hope they don't have to dig for it.. :(

Aunty Em

Well, I'm home and I just woke up and I'm fine. They let me come home early because they used a vein, not an artery and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I had to go to bed when I got home cos I was just so tired, but I feel a lot better now.

The pressures in my heart are fine and I don't have PPH, which means I will recover after my op. :D

Professur

Unlikely. All the bad I've ever heard about the NHS still doesn't hold a candle to the good I've seen. And compared to the Canadian/Quebec system ..... it wins by a landslide.

Aunty Em

Unlikely. All the bad I've ever heard about the NHS still doesn't hold a candle to the good I've seen. And compared to the Canadian/Quebec system ..... it wins by a landslide.

Probably why we have the world and his wife dropping by to use it uninvited... bloody NHS tourists! *handonhip

They really have got to do something about that. We need ID cards that include our entitlement to NHS treatment... and it should be compulsary to produce them. Maybe that would help put a stop to this type of abuse of our service. :(

Professur

We have them. You can get your own made within half an hour on St-Catherine street .... no matter where you're from.

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, I'm home and I just woke up and I'm fine. They let me come home early because they used a vein, not an artery and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I had to go to bed when I got home cos I was just so tired, but I feel a lot better now.

The pressures in my heart are fine and I don't have PPH, which means I will recover after my op. :D

Glad to hear it Auntie. :D