Java issues

chcr

Too cute for words
I was just wondering that Les. Do you have any software firewall unc?

Also, under Internet Options | Advanced | Multimedia | is Play animations in webpages checked?

chcr

Too cute for words
Another thing you might try is downloading a gif you know to be animated to yuor hard drive (Inky's Av, for instance) then open it in IE and see iv it's animated then.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Something has happend to my Java. For months now all passive animations like the smilies and .gif's like Inky's avatar have remain frozen.

That has nothing to do with Java, unless of course an applet launches an animation, but at least with animated gifs that's not the case.

unclehobart

I was just wondering that Les. Do you have any software firewall unc?

Also, under Internet Options | Advanced | Multimedia | is Play animations in webpages checked?

Fuck me running... that unfroze the animations. Now the next question... WHO THE HELL UNCHECKED MY PLAY ANIMATIONS BOX?!? !@#$% It's been months! GAH!

I'm running Zonealarm. Java has full permissions.

rrfield

you could also try using an operating system thats not coming up on 7 years old. get with the times!

rrfield

my recommendation
supernes.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
One of your updates probably did it. It's a feature, not a bug.

:lloyd:

Love them features. :D

Wish I knew what to do about the JVM thing though. It's gotta be a browser setting if it has full firewall permissions. Do you have a different browser?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
you said you don't want blabbering about using other stuff, but perhaps it's time you try firefox, you might even like it.

chcr

Too cute for words
As far as I'm concerned most of the changes in IE7 are to make it work more like Firefox. Oh yeah, don't tell Steve though.