Javascript error

A.B.Normal

Okay here the thing I cannot open/activate the smilies or any of the [url] [quote] tags and trying to remember the :code: is meaning I'm limited by my memory.

When I open the reply or start new threads buttons I recieve the following in tools>web development> JavaScript Console

[img]http://www.members.shaw.ca/abnormal/jserror.jpg

When I click the first error link I get the following and its already highlighted .

jserror2.jpg

Note : I'm unable to use any of those features on Win98 with either NS 7.1 or IE6.0.28 ,but when I load WinXP OTC works flawlessly.

My question is it me or a problem related to the new board software.I seem to remember Les saying something about getting errors with NS as well???

A.B.Normal

Well it looks like it may be a bad Norton install of either Internet Security or NAV ,I remember having trouble trying to upgrade NIS a while back and it couldn't uninstall the old one so it could install the new version.

I've come to this conclusion because htere are other sites I can no longer get the javascript windows to open ,dodge.ca for one. I even downloaded Opera ,but it behaved the same way ,no smilie page :sad:

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
let us know for sure. if its a problem on this end we'll m check with jelsoft and see if its some new bug.

A.B.Normal

Well all is working now ,reinstalled Javascript via MSs website ,removed old NIS and installed newer Version of NIS.This allowed IE and Opera to work ,but still not NS ,so I reinstalled it (third time in 2 weeks) ,but this time everything is working .OOPS almost forgot before everything started working I went to xibase ,since thats where the smilies are hosted and was surprised that I didn't have any probs there :alienhuh: ,so I came back here and everythign worked :shrug: I'm happy and I know everythign is up to date now anyway.