Just Testing My vB Code

Toolbox™

Honestly though... isn't this bike in the top 100 best looking sportbikes you've ever seen! :)

Damn! It's beautiful! :D

Professur

Never been a fan of crotch rockets, or the people who drive them for the most part. They're uncomfortable, excessively fast, and encourage the type of driving that ramps up my insurance to the point that I can't afford to operate my motorcycle anymore. Not to mention that 80% of the motorcycle accidents and deaths in this area involve sport bikes.

Toolbox™

Sorry to hear that. My dad gave me my first motorcycle when I was 8 years old and have always had once since. My last accident was when I was 18 years old and it was my fault. I've never hit a car, a person or a truck... all my accidents were user error on my part so I now have a 13 year accident free record and I hope it stays this way forever.

The reason I love my Blue bike so much is because it is capable of this:

0120.jpg

And for those that might ask... I didn't take the picture while going at that speed... the bike has an internal computer that keeps track of all things including top speed achieved. :)

Professur

Toolbox™ said:
Sorry to hear that. My dad gave me my first motorcycle when I was 8 years old and have always had once since. My last accident was when I was 18 years old and it was my fault. I've never hit a car, a person or a truck... all my accidents were user error on my part so I now have a 13 year accident free record and I hope it stays this way forever.

The reason I love my Blue bike so much is because it is capable of this:

And for those that might ask... I didn't take the picture while going at that speed... the bike has an internal computer that keeps track of all things including top speed achieved. :)

But you did do that speed. And I'll wager it wasn't on a closed track either. Thanks for proving my point for me so well.

Toolbox™

You're welcome and right. Open highway but if its any consolation, it was in the middle of the night and there wasn't a car in sight. 100 meters per second and covered 17 kilometers in about 3 minutes. :)

I can't defend myself against people who really have ill feelings towards riders and sportbikes but I also can't help that I am very passionate about them. I tried to stop riding when my son was born but I just couldn't take it. So I figure, I will teach him to ride the same way my father taught me and hope for the best.

I appreciate and understand your opnion though and have also heard it a thousand times so no worries.

My next bike will be a SuperMotard (Dirt bike with street tires for doing tricks) so that should be a little safer, yes?

Cheers and have a nice day. :)

Professur

At those speeds, I doubt much was in sight. What, perchance, was the posted speed limit on that highway?

Honestly, if that kind of speed is so important to you, why not take it to a track? and if you love your child, you'll not teach him. Teaching a child that it's alright to break laws isn't something to be proud of.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
speed don't matter.

My friend was crippled at 15km/h and later was killed at about 60km/h.

:(

Winky

ol' Boxy will be the kinda guy that will
ride for years and be fine

Go Toolbox!!!

Toolbox™

Professur said:
At those speeds, I doubt much was in sight. What, perchance, was the posted speed limit on that highway?

Honestly, if that kind of speed is so important to you, why not take it to a track? and if you love your child, you'll not teach him. Teaching a child that it's alright to break laws isn't something to be proud of.

Yes... at that speed, the broken lines on the orad look like one straight one. Also, you can see the brake lights of the cars ahead of you at that speed and motorcycles are very good at stopping. They are built to accelerate, turn and stop on a dime. The speed limit for the highwy was 130KPH so I do understand that I was going 207 kilometers per hour faster.

I don't like the track. I raced on the track for one season and didn't enjoy it as much as the open road. I enjoy the top speed... one of my dreams is to get a relly fast bike and run the Salt Lakes in Utah (I think) and just go as fast as the bike will take me.

Ahhh... about my son, I will not teach him how to speed, go fast and break the law. I will teach him the mechanics and technology about motorcycles and how they work so he can control the bike to his best abilities. He's bound to get into an accident but I do hope and pray that he never gets into a collision. I've never been in one and I hope the same for him. Going fast and speeding is all up to him... there is nothing I will ever say or can do to stop him from doing so but if I teach him motorcycle ethics well, he'll do what is right and not take risks.

But trust me, I do understand your point of view and have nothing aginst people who hate bikes. They are dangerous and many people have gotten hurt and have died. I alone have at least 10 friends that were killed on a motorcycle but I have to admit, it was their fault. Everything that happens to you on a motorcycle is your fault! You have to be prepared to take all the consequences for your actions and I will make this absolutely clear to my son.

Again, thank you for the concern. I do appreciate it. :)

Toolbox™

Leslie said:
speed don't matter.

My friend was crippled at 15km/h and later was killed at about 60km/h.

:(

My best friend's younger brother was killed three years ago going about 20KPH on first gear accelerating when he made a wrong decision to overtake a truck and got nicked... he fell and the truck ran him over. The rider behind me him the whole thing and said that it was a "bad decision".

Life goes on for the rest of us but we learn not only from our own mistakes but the mistakes of others. All in a nutshell, its true that the more experience you have, the better a rider you become. :)

Toolbox™

Winky said:
ol' Boxy will be the kinda guy that will
ride for years and be fine

Go Toolbox!!!

I hope so... if I ever get hurt, I would hate not ever being able to ride a bike again. Thanks buddy! :)

Inkara1

Problem with doing those kinds of speeds on public roads is that if you hit a rock or a pothole or a piece of debris then you're dead.