LAN problems

Raven

Annoying SOB
I am having one hell of a time getting my LAN back online after upgrading the host PC's ZA version. I have run the network setup wizard countless times, changed the workgroup name released and renewed the IP address of the host NIC and run the troubleshooter but I cannot get either of the two clients to connect....actually as I type this it appears that the host's LAN connection (according to the ever helpful windows xp) has not been issued an IP address by the network.

*runs wizard again....waits three minutes for it to try and assign the IP address to the host connection, watches it fail again*

So it would appear that the network will not assign an IP address to the LAN but the IP for my net connection is fine and dandy. Suggestions?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Raven said:
Yup, fixed it. Looks like a rollback is in order.

I believe you have to do something with the trusted and internet zone, I have a router and have never done that so I'm not of much help with those settings.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I fiddled with the zone settings but it didnt actually do anything :shrug:

Thanks for the assist :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Isn't there a setting in ZA to give full access to a range of IP addresses? I don't use it, but every software firewall I've ever set up had this. Note that at least in my opinion this is easier to set up if you assign IPs instead of using DHCP.

HomeLAN

chcr said:
Isn't there a setting in ZA to give full access to a range of IP addresses? I don't use it, but every software firewall I've ever set up had this. Note that at least in my opinion this is easier to set up if you assign IPs instead of using DHCP.

Yup. And that will solve the issue.