Lap times?

MuFu

Man, just did my daily "lap", helping out where I could, following interesting links.

Check e-mail

[H]ard|OCP
AnandTech
nV News
Rage3D
Ars Technica
Shacknews
The Inquirer
The Register

HWC forum
Rage3D forum
OT Central

1hr 30mins. And I'd say that's a pretty quick circuit, probably because there's never much news at 12:00AM E.S.T. on a Monday morning.

:ek:

Got to read a bit faster, help less or just cut back. One and a half hours of my day is WAY too much. I mean if I made a living from accumulating I.T. knowledge I'd just about be able to justify it but at the moment it's insane.

I'm sure this hits the nerves of more than one person here. :D

MuFu.

ris

i usually only do rounds at hwc and here, but checking back frequently for new stuff. takes a long while, especially if i've been off for a bit :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Heh, I skip the front pages of HWC and Rage3d, and go straight to the forums. I think there's more knowledge in there than on the main sites anyway. :D

equinoxe3d

Originally posted by ris
i usually only do rounds at hwc and here, but checking back frequently for new stuff. takes a long while, especially if i've been off for a bit :D

Me too, I keep myself up to date as much as possible. Even if I doesn't help, passively checking through mail, HwC threads and OTC takes me around 1h15mn. Like OLI I often skip the front pages.

When I go to 3DSoundSurge (damn long reviews) and Anand I could easily add one more hour :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Sometimes I wonder why I even try to keep up? My friends and family just look at me funny when I start talking about the cache associativity and datapath width of Intel's and AMD's newest processors, or the differences in anti-aliasing techniques of ATi and nVidia. They just ask: do you need to know that stuff for your job?

Then I start to wonder... :(

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
It's not whether you need it for your job or not, it's about being able to talk interesting towards other people who don't have a clue where you are talking about :D

My daily round on the Internet takes also 1 ~ 2 hrs a day...long, but I enjoy :)