Leg of Lamb

MrBishop

Takes both time and thyme.

Cook it longer than required and cover it in foil to keep in the juices. A bit of thyme, savory, rosemary, onion powder and some garlic powder. Take your dry ingredients and ground them up together and rub liberally.

Lamb is quite forgiving..if you'll pardon the pun.

tonksy

Aw Lamb! I love it. My Mother raised me on it (she's a Kiwi, you know)! We always prefer to rub it with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, course salt and fresh cracked pepper :licklips:
Anywhoo, the trick with lamb is to roast it fat side up (of course with a leg this is a bit moot) and you should maintain about a half inch of water in the bottom of the pan. This water helps to keep the lamb moist, draws out some of the fat (which I have noticed is the thing most Americans complain about - the feel of lamb fat in their mouths) and is nice stuff for making gravy.
I would do it at 350 degrees until it is an internal temperature of about 145 degrees (1 1/2 hours approx for a 5-6 lb leg).

MrBishop

MrsBish lowered the temp to 275 and cooker ours for 4 hours. Takes a bit longer to get it fully cooked, but the meat falls off the bone and it gives a chance for the gristle to melt away.

Inkara1

What do you call a lamb missing its legs?

Whatever you want; it's not like it will come anyway.

BB

I'd go with Tonks's
rub it with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, course salt and fresh cracked pepper

and use the Gravy /water recommendation ...loverly!

and Mrs Bish's :
MrsBish lowered the temp to 275 and cooker ours for 4 hours. Takes a bit longer to get it fully cooked, but the meat falls off the bone and it gives a chance for the gristle to melt away.