Life changes

SexyBoo

Okay, I went for the job interview last week and I really did like the place. They called tonight and offered me the position - the problem is - the salary they offered is like 7,000/year below what I wanted. I mean, it would be a great place to work - but I really wanted more money considering I am looking at changing my life, moving away from family and friends, etc. This has especially become more of an issue now that my dog is diabetic - my family has become very important in helping me with him when I'm stuck at work late, etc.

Things are/were better on the AE front. Okay, maybe not - I'm such a loser! He showed up today out of the blue (when we haven't talked/seen each other for a week). As soon as he walked in my stupid stomach starting doing flip flops like I am an idiotic 13 year old or something. I swear I think I'd be better off sometimes if I didn't have him in my life at all. But he is one of my best friends - the idea of leaving him cold hurts me to even consider. We sat and talked - he is really liking his new job - which is great. We flirted a bit. We flirted a bit, then we kissed - and I just can't resist. I fall right into it. I'm just not over being in love with him yet. I know, it is going nowhere - but I caved anyway. Oh well, I fell off of the wagon but am still working on it. Time, it just is going to take time... Thanks for listening to the short rant.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about the job thing? Should I take it? See if they'll give more money? Stay where I am and look for the next opportunity?

IDLEchild

I you take the job and you embezzle money out of the fuckers and commit grand theft auto on your last after stealing thousands or even millions out of them.

tonksy

boo, i think it would be good for you...7k is 7k though...where would you be moving to? cheaper cost of living? chance of advancement?

Inkara1

I think your course of action would depend on what $7,000 less than what you want actually is.