London shaken by explosions

HomeLAN

If this report's right, the folks who shot him need to be prosecuted.

Now we have two sets of reports, with very different versions of what happened. Which one is it?

freako104

That is a good question though I think it is said more he had nothing to do with terrorism. Though he may have acted improperly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Well...so much for the 'he deserved to be killed for acting stupidly' argument.

We're automatically willing to believe people who may or may not have an ulterior motive and we're willing to automatically assume those whose job is to protect us are guilty.

How sad. Full, complete & impartial investigations, not allegations.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gonz said:
Full, complete & impartial investigations, not allegations.

That's what is all about, COMPLETE and IMPARTIAL investigations. With these new material, would you think what the police department said was complete, impartial and most of all true?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It opens doubt...that doesn't mean that somebody with an agenda isn't lying.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What agenda was that again?

The police oversight group investigating the shooting death of a Brazilian man mistaken for a bomber last month accused London police Thursday of resisting an independent investigation into his death.

The sharp comments came after lawyers for Jean Charles de Menezes' family met the watchdog group, demanding answers amid allegations of a police cover-up.

AP

I'm not defending police brutality. I'm suggesting that we make no assumptions that the police are in the wrong.
... witnesses reported that Menezes, who they claimed was dressed and acting suspiciously, jumped over station ticket barriers before bolting from armed officers toward a train.