marijuana legalization vote

Marijuana Legalization

• Yes, legalize marijuana with no regulations and taxation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

valkyrie

If marijuana legalization (with regulation and taxation, just like alcohol) were to be up for vote in your state (or area), how would you vote?

If you voted "yes" in the poll but with some sort of regulation(s), list and define the regulations you feel are appropriate for marijuana (sale and/or use). Regulation does not need to be restricted to quantity.

If you have conditions for voting "yes", but voted "no" in this poll then what would those conditions be?

Yes, legalize marijuana with local government regulations and taxation
Yes, legalize marijuana with federal government regulations and taxation
Yes, legalize marijuana with no regulations and taxation
No, keep marijuana illegal

ResearchMonkey

As long as your not on the public dole I don't see why not, I think several drugs should be decriminalized for tax paying citizens. Welfare people an illegals should be denied.

valkyrie

As long as your not on the public dole I don't see why not, I think several drugs should be decriminalized for tax paying citizens. Welfare people an illegals should be denied.
They're allowed to drink if they can get the money. I don't see how we could stop them unless we fingerprint people and put them in a nationwide system, or tattoo them like the Nazis did to the Jews.

Big Brother knows all!!! Sees all!!!

Well, I for one am not willing to give up my freedom for that kind of regulation and neither should anyone else.

valkyrie

Seems like we're mostly in agreement here somehow.
Looks like most people (including myself but I didn't vote to keep it fair) want local regulation and taxation of marijuana.

One person would like federal.

One question: is liquor federally taxed or locally taxed? (I'm about to leave work so I don't want to look it up. Thought someone else might know this.)

ResearchMonkey

They're allowed to drink if they can get the money. I don't see how we could stop them unless we fingerprint people and put them in a nationwide system, or tattoo them like the Nazis did to the Jews.

Big Brother knows all!!! Sees all!!!

Well, I for one am not willing to give up my freedom for that kind of regulation and neither should anyone else.
Maybe just dump welfare. But I'm OK with using a hammer to stamp their foreheads.

spike

Yes. We'd probably have to outlaw beer, coffee, and smokes to be consistent and then somehow make everyone prove that they weren't on Welfare, unemployment, etc.

ResearchMonkey

Yes. We'd probably have to outlaw beer, coffee, and smokes to be consistent and then somehow make everyone prove that they weren't on Welfare, unemployment, etc.
Obama care will already do that in due time. I don't expect Obamacare to be much of an issue in the long run. BUT...

RFID/GPS/BLMD collars. People on welfare should wear them. If the collar detects drug or alcohol the collar shrinks to half it size.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd like a new option...Only in the states where they want it legal, then tax the hell out of it, ostracize it & make it's users pariahs, while limiting its useage to your bathroom only, if there are no kids there, of course - assuming your neighbor can't smell it....

spike

I'd like a new option...Only in the states where they want it legal, then tax the hell out of it, ostracize it & make it's users pariahs, while limiting its useage to your bathroom only, if there are no kids there, of course - assuming your neighbor can't smell it....

I know you're trying to make this about cigarettes but I smoke and don't feel ostracized or like a pariah. I don't throw butts on the ground and don't light up next to strangers or kids. I imagine the same considerations should apply with weed.

valkyrie

I know you're trying to make this about cigarettes but I smoke and don't feel ostracized or like a pariah. I don't throw butts on the ground and don't light up next to strangers or kids. I imagine the same considerations should apply with weed.
I agree with this to some extent but would add that marijuana is a drug, just like alcohol, and should be regulated in accordance with the alcohol laws as a guideline.

I know that nicotine can be, in some ways, considered a drug as well. I just don't believe that nicotine impairs one's ability to drive or operate machinery like alcohol. Caffeine is also a drug, but also not impairing one's ability to drive or operate machinery.

valkyrie

I was considering state regulation and taxation as part of "local" but in retrospect I believe you are right that there should have been another option. I don't think there's a way to change the poll now, though. Sorry!

spike

I agree with this to some extent but would add that marijuana is a drug, just like alcohol, and should be regulated in accordance with the alcohol laws as a guideline.

I know that nicotine can be, in some ways, considered a drug as well. I just don't believe that nicotine impairs one's ability to drive or operate machinery like alcohol. Caffeine is also a drug, but also not impairing one's ability to drive or operate machinery.

Too much caffeine might impair your ability. Try drinking a Redline energy drink sometime.

Although my comment wasn't about impairment. Gonz was relating this to smoking cigarettes where the main similarity is the actual smoke. I don't feel ostracized as a smoker and see no reason to ostracize marijuana smokers either.

valkyrie

Too much caffeine might impair your ability. Try drinking a Redline energy drink sometime.

Although my comment wasn't about impairment. Gonz was relating this to smoking cigarettes where the main similarity is the actual smoke. I don't feel ostracized as a smoker and see no reason to ostracize marijuana smokers either.
I can't eat someplace where I'll be sitting close to smokers. It's something about the smell while I eat that makes me feel sick. Ruins my meal. But other than that I don't have a problem with smokers in general, only the people who toss their butts out the window or on the ground. I saw you posted that you don't do this. That's good. Someone was handing out this little pocket butt holders last year at a festival I went to. They were quite popular.

There are many ways to take in marijuana that are smokeless. Vaporizers give off no smoke, and many people cook with marijuana.