• i´m hyphenating both our names

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i´m keeping my name as a middle name

• other

• Total voters

kuulani

Nowadays there's so much options for married couples to choose a married surname.

I'm thinking about changing my maiden surname into a middle name and taking my future hubby's last name. What did/will you do?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I took his, thought it and have found it to be so much easier that way than what others I know who did something different have been experiencing.

Everyone is the same this way, (kids, mom, dad) and there is a heck of a lot less explaining to when dealing with gov't, schools, etc. (Yes we're married but this is his name and this is my name and this is the name of the kids...)

One vote here for the easy way! :laugh:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I kept mine & my wife liked it so much she adopted it too. When kids are involved have one last name makes their life easier.

ris

his surname is time, obviously ;)

i'm keeping mine and the missus has expressed the wish of keeping hers. i'm not fussed either way. we have discussed kids and she has said that better for them to have my name [no idea why], i'm buggered if i'm having doublebarrelled names for my kids

greenfreak

I told my boyfriend he's taking my name. ;)

I like my last name (Dolan) but I've had it all my life-besides, his name isn't bad (Cage). So I'll take his name when we get around to tying the knot.

My sister Rose went from Rosemary Dolan to Rosemary Keiseheuer (key-say-hoye-er) and my sister Meg went from Margaret Dolan to Meg Musorofiti. My Mother will be very happy with my married name. Tricia Cage. Has a nice ring to it, dontcha think? :D

kuulani

At least yours will be easy to pronounce, greenie :D

A lot of people hyphenate their children's names here. A friend of mine's last name is Kapuni-Reynolds. We tease her that if she marries a man with a hypenated last name (i.e. Doe-Smith), then her kids can have Kapuni-Reynolds-Doe-Smith as a last name :eek:

:D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I don't see what the problem with hyphenated names is. It's quite common in Hispanic countries for the children to have both the mother's AND father's names... :cool: