Me & Mrs. Palin

spike

Levi wrote a nice article.

Sarah told me she had a great idea: we would keep it a secret—nobody would know that Bristol was pregnant. She told me that once Bristol had the baby she and Todd would adopt him. That way, she said, Bristol and I didn’t have to worry about anything. Sarah kept mentioning this plan. She was nagging—she wouldn’t give up. She would say, “So, are you gonna let me adopt him?” We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby. I think Sarah wanted to make Bristol look good, and she didn’t want people to know that her 17-year-old daughter was going to have a kid.

After the campaign, Johnston watched Palin turn into a different person. The result back home in Alaska was a woman ready to turn in elected office for money.

Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting. I had assumed she was going to go back to her job as governor, but a week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make “triple the money.” It was, to her, “not as hard.” She would blatantly say, “I want to just take this money and quit being governor.” She started to say it frequently, but she didn’t know how to do it. When she came home from work, it seemed like she was more and more stressed out.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/09/levi-johnston.html

Altron

man this is just like the frost nixon interviews... we bagged us a good 'un, now let's rub their noses in it

2minkey

bootlicker
nixon was an asshole. anybody who's "against abortion... unless there's a case of miscegenation" (to paraphrase) is a raging wang.

well, not sure i believe levi's story, but, what the fuck, palin's all about the media drama so it certainly has entertainment value.

MrBishop

wow, Palin's still coming up.
She must be a REAL threat to the left.

Oh...she's a threat all right. Left, right and middle... she'll fuck the lot if she manages to get in.

"So...this button nukes Russia? I'll push it..but just this once, you betcha."

catocom

that's just seems to be the appearance, as she's not holding office.

maybe I'm wrong.
ain't nobody drooling here atm.
I personally ain't a huge fan. At least yet.

edit: and the denouncing continues...

Cerise

Say.....isn't this coming from the kid whose mom deals meth?

The same woman who claimed she was innocent and later plead guilty?

Bristol should ask the court to increase her child support payments from ol' Levi. Apparently he's making a lot of money trashing the Palin family.

2minkey

bootlicker
Say.....isn't this coming from the kid whose mom deals meth?

yeah it's all about the social circle you keep huh?

nilla-please-2.jpg

Cerise

yeah it's all about the social circle you keep huh?

No, nilla, it's about the credibility of someone who drives around in a $30,000 pickup truck but doesn't pay child support.

The best thing about him is that Bristol Palin didn't marry him.

Inkara1

Giant budget-busting health care plan in Congress that's trying to be rushed through before anyone can find out what the real consequences are, with taxes raising in 2010 but the reform not starting until 2013 (interestingly enough, after the 2012 elections), so how better to distract people from that than by trying to distract people with more stupid shit about someone that didn't win the vice president's office, isn't governor of a state anymore and probably won't be running for anything anytime soon — in other words, trying to distract us from something important with something unimportant.

2minkey

bootlicker
Giant budget-busting health care plan in Congress that's trying to be rushed through before anyone can find out what the real consequences are, with taxes raising in 2010 but the reform not starting until 2013 (interestingly enough, after the 2012 elections), so how better to distract people from that than by trying to distract people with more stupid shit about someone that didn't win the vice president's office, isn't governor of a state anymore and probably won't be running for anything anytime soon — in other words, trying to distract us from something important with something unimportant.

right on. all all this shit about death panels and pull the plug on granny sure is distracting a lot of people from actually engaging with what is being proposed.

spike

trying to distract us from something important with something unimportant.

Nobody's trying to distract you from rational discussion of healthcare but the right. Their misinformation campaign and fear mongering is a giant distraction.

You talking about budgets and taxes will find yourself in the minority. It's a all about irrational hysteria for most.