meeting people that you met over the net

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have done that, and several times.

On a side note, a cousin (she) met a british on the net, he made the "big trip" all the way to Mexico just to met her irl. They are now married.

Professur

Last time I did that, it was a gent called Barberousse from GEnie. That was over 10 years ago.

Unc does that a lot.

HomeLAN

I've met a few. I've met Kruz and catacom and, most recently, Nalani.

All great folks. I don't know that I'd ever use the net to find dates, though. There are some scary SOB's out there. :eek:

nalani

Originally posted by HomeLAN
I've met a few. I've met Kruz and catacom and, most recently, Nalani.

All great folks. I don't know that I'd ever use the net to find dates, though. There are some scary SOB's out there. :eek:

you don't need to .. you've got the coolest wife ever :)

I've met .. Unc, HomeLAN, and ku'u .. though ku'u probably doesn't really count :D

[b]

I've met many people in person that I met first on the net. Most were weirder then me ;)

I did meet my boyfriend on the net though. We've been together for over two years now.

I find that it really all depends on what you're expecting to get out of meeting them.

Luis G

Staff member
You're right about that , expect less, and it will be less likely to be disappointed.

MitchSchaft

I'm going to Dallas this weekend to visit my wife's family. Just so happens that a few people that are in a gaming clan of mine live there and we plan on getting together.

freako104

never met anyone that i met on the net. theres a few people id like to(esp a girl that ive had a thing for but she lives in NY) but i havent done it. everyone i met in real life i met in classes or clubs or through other people or concerts.a part of me is scared to meet people from the net to be honest.

Luis G

Staff member
I was a little scared the first time, but it goes with time and practice.

Professur

Yeah. You start off worrying about meeting a net wierdo. After a bit, you start worrying about being the wierdo.

StuTheWise

Y'all remember Jeffy79 from HWC, eh? I know alot of people think he's a psycho, but I talked to him on the phone a few times. That was a couple years ago... don't know what happened to him.

Aside from that, I met a girl in a chat room about 4 years ago and set her up with my friend as a joke, but she was serious and so we all went out to dinner together.

[b]

Yeah. You start off worrying about meeting a net wierdo. After a bit, you start worrying about being the wierdo.

:rofl2: Yeah, I was the wierdo once. Maybe twice :D

Other net weirdos ==>:cyclops: :anon: :retard:

I am the weirdest of the weird :headbang: have met a few people i know off the net, bout 2, took alot of guts but i followed through, the best was a chat room, where this girl claimed she wanted toget high with someone, i had ahem, stuff,so did she, and we met, took her to my place, got high, nothing else ;) :headbang: