Michael Jackson Court thread

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
More Ent than RW...

Twisted, on the first day.
This is the face of Janet Arvizo, the mother of the boy Michael Jackson is accused of abusing.
jja.jpg

If the case holds together through trial she will become the center of blistering international media attention.

Janet Arvizo married Army Reserves Major Jay Jackson in Las Vegas.

It's going to be a 'Janet Jackson' vs Michael Jackson showdown this spring in a California courtroom!

She has been moved into protective custody with her husband, and with alleged victim Gavin Arvizo, age 15, his little brother, Star Arvizo, 14, and older sister, Davellin Arvizo, 18.

The family's accusations are at the heart of criminal charges brought against Jackson by Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon.

But Janet Arvizo's conflicting and documented accounts of what transpired at the Neverland compound are seen to be a major hurdle for Sneddon.

Shortly after the famed GRANADA/ABC Martin Bashir documentary aired, Janet offered words of support for her son's "hero." She said: "At no time has Gavin ever been treated with anything other than love, respect and the deepest kindness by Michael. Michael has been so important in Gavin being able to recover from cancer. His constant support, both practical and emotional, helped give my beautiful little boy the strength to fight his cancer."

Janet now claims she did not know of the abuse at the time. She also claims she was pressure into making a show of support for Jackson.

But the Arvizo family was also caught on film strongly denying any Jackson abuse.

"There were tears, they were holding hands, they were talking about Jesus and God and Michael as the ultimate father figure," claimed videographer Christian Robinson on ABC last year.

Robinson says he spent two years recording Michael Jackson and those who made it into the pop star's inner circle.

Robinson claims the alleged victim, his brother, his sister and his mother all said Jackson did nothing wrong.

"Yeah. I asked. And they answered, and they were very up front and they, of course, said absolutely not," said Robinson. "All of them, every single one," he said.

"And just to clarify that even a little bit more, during this interview I told them to speak truthfully probably more than 30 times. I kept on reminding them, I'm like I want you guys to tell the truth," Robinson explained.

Developing...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
She has been moved into protective custody with her husband, and with alleged victim Gavin Arvizo, age 15, his little brother, Star Arvizo, 14, and older sister, Davellin Arvizo, 18.
Is Mikey known to ice the witnesses? :confuse3:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't think so but he does have athing for little boys
with alleged victim Gavin Arvizo, age 15, his little brother, Star Arvizo, 14,

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I shouldn't think he's going to just randomly show up at their house though?

The public is paying for protective custody? wtf?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Because it's such a high profile case and Jacko has so many avid, die-hard, devoted admirers, I think protective custody is best for the accuser.

Mare

So tell me, Do ya think, if and when he goes away for this, will he have his own cell somewhere? Cuz, the way I see it, he will NEVER last in a cell with other ppl! And would you put him in a woman's jail or a man's jail? :lol2:

I Know! He's innocent until proven guilty, BUT COME ON, he's a pervert and we all know it!!!!!!!!!

staffrodore

I dont know but one thing I know for sure is I would love to be sitting on the jury or even giving evidence. After it's all over wait for a couple of years and the movie companies will be knocking on your door with a big fat check, movie rights. As what happened with those involved in the O.J Simpson case.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Mare said:
I heard somewhere they found pics of kids that he had taken? Is this true?

Let's await the evidence that is sure to be there, in pickup loads.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
IMO, this is more of a money-grab than a true criminal case. He may have done the deed, and if...if he molested this kid, then mom needs to go to jail right along with Michael. After all...when he was accused in 1993, and paid off the kid, that should've been enough for the mom not to let her son stay over without her supervision. She put her son in danger.

Professur

How would you all handle drawing jury duty on this one? Fight like hell to avoid it, or would you want a piece of it? Could anyone here be objective enough to sit on that jury?

HomeLAN

Like any other criminal jury situation, avoid if possible. Too much possibility of getting drawn out, and I have a life.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
How would you all handle drawing jury duty on this one? Fight like hell to avoid it, or would you want a piece of it? Could anyone here be objective enough to sit on that jury?

*raises hand

1. I don't like celebrity.
2. I hate hypocrisy more.

It's a balanced equation of 1 and 2. ;)

HomeLAN

It's fairly easy to avoid a criminal jury. Simply show up in a suit and tie.

Of course, when I did that, I got placed on a divorce jury. *sigh*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
IMO, this is more of a money-grab than a true criminal case. He may have done the deed, and if...if he molested this kid, then mom needs to go to jail right along with Michael. After all...when he was accused in 1993, and paid off the kid, that should've been enough for the mom not to let her son stay over without her supervision. She put her son in danger.
I haven't read much of this, really, he's just utterly repugnant now regarldless of what he may have done. But if what you've posted here is true, she needs jail too. And no dollars.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Gato_Solo said:
......if he molested this kid, then mom needs to go to jail right along with Michael. After all...when he was accused in 1993, and paid off the kid, that should've been enough for the mom not to let her son stay over without her supervision. She put her son in danger.

With ya all the way there.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SANTA MARIA, United States (AFP) - The final jury was selected in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial, leaving the pop superstar's fate in the hands of four men and eight women.

The 12-member panel ranged in age from a 20-year-old man to a 79-year-old widow.

There were no African Americans. The jury was described as being formed by eight non-Hispanic whites, three Hispanics and one Asian.

The selection process, which had twice been disrupted by week-long suspensions, wrapped up far quicker than expected, with Judge Rodney Melville clearly keen to see the case make some headway.

Once the jury was sworn in, attorneys moved on to selecting the eight alternate jurors who will act as replacements if required.

With the jury seated, the focus will switch to dozens of pending motions that the judge will have to deal with before the two sides can begin the trial proper with opening arguments and witness testimony.

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting a then 13-year-old boy at his Neverland Ranch, near here, in February and March of 2003. He has denied the charges.

With a lengthy and star-studded witness list that includes the likes of Smokey Robinson, Eddie Murphy, Elizabeth Taylor and Stevie Wonder, the small court house in Santa Maria, California looks set to take on the trappings of a red-carpeted movie premier venue.

During questioning on Wednesday morning, an African-American woman, holding one of the alternate spots, said she doubted Jackson would ever be given a fair hearing.

"How can he get a fair trial anywhere when even the ex-sherrif of Santa Barbara county gets on TV and tells the world he is a child molester?" said the woman, a former corrections officer.

"A jury of your peers? How is this man going to get it here?" she said.

They are complaining about no blacks on the jury. The plaintiff is a white woman...does it matter?