miss california appears even dumber than first believed

2minkey

bootlicker
You in your pc correctness assumed it was about Jim Crow laws.

i'm not the one who brought up jim crow laws you freak! did you even notice that i was quoting SOMEONE ELSE?????

and here are the basic facts. it was a test. one had to pass the test to vote. a test. sorta an analogue to what you suggested perhaps?

here's the 1965 Alabama Literacy Test. notice the content. hmmmm... looks like a civics quiz don't it?

now, if there's anything else you don't get, please ask very direct, specific questions. i'll pass down cryptic answers from my lofty perch.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's be a good idea to give that test to everyone, upon registering to vote.

Winky

Oh fuck that, there is barely a fidy percent turn out for most elections
and if them folks that did show up had to pass that test only 18% of those would pass
and the failures wouldn't bother to study so they'd not show up next time
and before you knew it there would be a worthwhile 3rd party candidate elected
and this country would be back on the right track and there'd be cats and dogs living together and
we'd find the gatekeeper!

Number of Tries: 88 Number of Correct Answers : 65
Well do I get tah vote?
-
4_o.jpg

Cerise

i'm not the one who brought up jim crow laws you freak! did you even notice that i was quoting SOMEONE ELSE?????

it's this simple: you posed a question about jim crow laws. i answered.

:angel:

Ah, that's what you get when you quote "other people" who are wrong in the first place.

The question wasn't about Jim Crow. The question wasn't limited to a certain group of voters. You and this "other person" made it about Jim Crow.

2minkey

bootlicker
:angel:

Ah, that's what you get when you quote "other people" who are wrong in the first place.

The question wasn't about Jim Crow. The question wasn't limited to a certain group of voters. You and this "other person" made it about Jim Crow.

the other person mentioned jim crow as historical precedent for pre-vote testing. you also mentioned jim crow in response. i simply followed up when it became obvious that you lacked full knowledge of that precedent. that's it. nothing more. now please, STFU.

MrBishop

It's a test in name only.

You can't deny that candidates would shape their answers to garner the most votes possible.

And some people would vote, maybe for the first time in their lives, because they react to certain words or appearances in a candidate's presentation. Instead of realizing what the candidate will do. And it's getting pretty ugly.

:shrug:
That's what you have now...the candidates controlling the flow of information and what goes out - the only issue you seem to have is the medium they're using to get the information out... basically, you're slamming the media's slant.

Well, media slants for a living...and if the voters can't see the strings, then they deserve whoever they vote for...whether that's Obama or another Bush-clone.

Cerise

the other person mentioned jim crow as historical precedent for pre-vote testing. now please, STFU.

No, this other person mentioned jim crow to try to imply I was being racist when I suggested a quiz --- perhaps a multiple choice quiz :brow: ---that would give voters an unbiased look at the candidates and what they represent, instead of relying on the media or the candidates themselves, who as you may realize, will say anything to get elected.

2minkey

bootlicker
fine. but it's not my problem that you read "racist" into the previous remarks. the jim crow thing was just a convenient example.

and hey, don't worry, lots of people your age go back and finish high school! you can still get your diploma or equivalency certificate.

Cerise

Whatchootalkinbout when you say this "other person" didn't imply racism, Willis? How else would you "read" it?

You and your hooks are perched just waiting to descend. :rolleyes:

We could reinstate and extend the Jim Crow Laws too, while we're at it. How about a poll tax as well? Ooops, watch out! Your true colors are showing. ;)

If you are a "minority" and if you are Black ("African American") then you are one hellofa retard for suggesting this country go back to voting rules that were once specifically used to keep Blacks from voting in this country. (Especially since whites were grandfathered in so they did not have to take the "competency" tests in order to vote.)

If you are white and to suggest this country bring back those same Jim Crow laws then you are just a generic, run-of-the-mill retard.

Unless you didn't mean "this" other person.

How convenient. :shrug:

2minkey

bootlicker
i didn't even read this other person's posts. i can't keep track of every lousy post here. i don't have time. i have too many women.

the first i saw of all this jim crow nonsense was in a snippet quoted in your post. whatever she may have mentioned other than jim crow as a simple example, well, i'm not responsible for.

and hey, there's no need to prove that you're a bigot, anyway, because the answer to that one is well-established, and hardly worth rehashing.

try learning a little history. again, you'd still fail your own test, and the high school equivalency exam awaits!!!!

:coffee:

in any case, you really need to give it up. or allow me to set a precedent.

done.

Winky

Evelyn, a modified dog
Viewed the quivering fringe of a special doily
Draped across the piano, with some surprise

valkyrie

That's what you have now...the candidates controlling the flow of information and what goes out - the only issue you seem to have is the medium they're using to get the information out... basically, you're slamming the media's slant.

Well, media slants for a living...and if the voters can't see the strings, then they deserve whoever they vote for...whether that's Obama or another Bush-clone.
It's all about the spin. ;)

valkyrie

fine. but it's not my problem that you read "racist" into the previous remarks. the jim crow thing was just a convenient example.

and hey, don't worry, lots of people your age go back and finish high school! you can still get your diploma or equivalency certificate.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 2minkey again."
:lol: :rofl:
OK... really, though... ummm... for everyone's sake I'm trying to keep myself in line. :D But... I must admit: YOU VERY FUNNY MAN! VERY FUNNY! HA! HA!

Cerise

i don't have time. i have too many women.

:rolleyes:

If you say so. I can imagine how having to inflate your date before each rendezvous would keep you a little busy.

and hey, there's no need to prove that you're a bigot, anyway, because the answer to that one is well-established, and hardly worth rehashing.

I know, I know. :mope: Because I despise what 0bama is doing to this country and I want his policies to fail I am racist.

again, you'd still fail your own test, and the high school equivalency exam awaits!!!!

But considering how this quiz wouldn't be about American history, but about the current candidates and their political platforms it would be you who would need to crack the books, Obot :shrug:

Winky

Its not the inflating but the application of patches to repair damage from the
previous get-together that is all so very time consuming.

MrBishop

Miss California stripped...

of the title

LOS ANGELES - Miss California USA Carrie Prejean, who stirred up trouble for herself when she said gays shouldn't be allowed to marry, got two dreaded words from pageant poobah Donald Trump on Wednesday: "You're fired."

Trump and other pageant leaders said Prejean was being sacked not because of the remarks but because she hadn't been holding up her end of the agreement she signed when she entered the pageant.

"Carrie is a beautiful young woman and I wish her well as she pursues her other interests," Trump said.

Prejean spokeswoman Melany Ethridge declined to comment, saying she hadn't been able to reach the former beauty queen since the announcement of her ouster.
"This was a decision based solely on contract violations, including Ms. Prejean's unwillingness to make appearances on behalf of the Miss California USA organization," the California pageant's executive director, Keith Lewis, said in a statement.
He had complained at a news conference last month that Prejean was skipping Miss California USA events while speaking out against gay marriage at unsanctioned appearances.

After the complaints reached Trump, who owns Miss California USA's parent organization, the mogul decided to give her a second chance and keep her on. On Wednesday, he changed his mind.

"I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honour her contract with the Miss California USA Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so," Trump said in a statement. "Unfortunately it just doesn't look like it is going to happen."
Didn't she realize that once she won, she was pwned?

You're 15 minutes are almost up, sunshine