MOM..............

Mare

Wedneday, 11th

Just found out 5:15 tonite my Mom slipped in the grass outside and fell and fractured her upper right arm, when they were xraying her, they found phnemonia in her chest, so needless to say they are keeping her in the hospital to give her IV antibiotics. They put a fiberglass protective sling on her to assure she wouldn't move it, and have her on strong pain meds. I called the ER and talked to the Doc, he was VERY NICE in letting me know all that was going on.
(surprised)
I WISH I could go visit her. I Wish she would move closer to me, I know I definetely DON'T want to live in Jersey. Just really missing my mommy right now.

So ALL pull together and send those xtra prayers her way, she needs them, and I KNOW she always prays for everyone, her turn now!

Thursay the 12th, heard this udate:

My sis talked to the Orthopedic Doc, and they said moms arm is in perfect alignment for mending and should heal well if she doesnt try to use it. They put a newer somewhat sort of cast on it, its in between her elbow and shoulder, thats what i here, all black and blue and purple too. She also got a nice bruise on the corner of her eye and cheeck. They have her with IV meds for the phnemonia still, but all else seems good. They are talkingsending her to REHAB for therapy, my olderest sis works there as a therapist so she can check in on her everyday, just cant be her therapist.

AHHHHH, my heart is breaking for mom, i wish i could hold her, i miss her.Thinking probably after the new year I going up to see her in rehab for awhile. All ready started putting $ away for it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Hope she is feeling better soon.

Think of it this way though, because of that broken arm they caught the pnemonia quicker than they likely would have...a little bit of a silver lining at least.

Sharky

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Think of it this way though, because of that broken arm they caught the pnemonia quicker than they likely would have...a little bit of a silver lining at least.

Yep, it's a good thing they picked up on the pneumonia, because once it gets going good it's hard to cure.

Wishing your mom well, Mare, and for a speedy recovery. Hang in there, hon.

Mare

Mom had a CT scan done and there's a 2 cmm mass on the inner of the lobe of her lung, thats where the pnemonia is around, here she knew she had this mass 1 yr ago and never said anything to me. ??? They did move her to Rehab yasterday, she's very antsy. Wanted to go home, but she can't take care of herself. She's in the best place for now. Plus,my sis works there and will be able to visit her.

Thanks all for the kind words, just venting I am.

Dave

The mass must be benign if its still the same size. Guess she thought it wasn't worth it to get you worried over nothing.
Rehab sucks but at least it will give her time to get her strength back and learn how to do things one handed for awhile.

Mare

went to jersey the 7th till the 13th....packed up moms apartment for her, getting ready to move her to a new one, all one level floor. really nice places. 55 and older. Pull switch in bedroom and bathroom with rails for tub and toilet. Went and had lunch with her everyday and even got to take her out for dinner on sunday (GO EAGLES). She was excited ad did good. Talked to her last night she got her staples out, 26 of them, she really did a number on her arm. She has plates in her shoulder which will stay there. Just doing the therapy is very important now she has a long way to go still. But she seems in good spirits and is just happy to be getting out of rehab soon. Sorry havent been on much, been having tough times and just not in the mood to get on puter much. Miss you all though, hope you all had a great christmas and a happy new year, God speed, talk at ya soon, love M.E.:hug::kiss:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I totally missed this thread.
Best wishes to you and to your mom. :)

PS. Bless that broken arm.

Mare

Thanks All.........Mom actuallygot some good news yesterday....she did get the other apartment....yayyyyy! Her medicare only allows her to stay in a rehab facility for 20 days and anything after that she has to pay, thats our great system for ya!:mad:
She is allowed to move in to her apartment February 1st (Superbowl day). She still needs her therapy with the arm and hand, so hope all will be well with her alone, have to see what happens b4 I decide wether to go up and stay withher for a wk again, no one really has the money, ya all know how that goes. Find out more wether she can have a nurse come to the house everyday or therapy at the house, i hope so, i know she won't be able to drive right away, but its another step forward which is good,
Thanks forthe prayers, they must be workin, keep em' coming, kiss kiss.

Mare

Mare, do you have a paypal acct. or some way someone could contribute, to
try to help some?

Awwww, thanks hon, no I don't. I do apprecite the offer very much though, thats sweet of you to offer.

Mom is in her new place as of February1st. Her range of motion for her arm is not what it is supposed to be, but im pretty sure i explaind the medicaid thing. Anyway, she's nervous, her apartment is more money then she wanted to pay, but it is in a nicer neighborhood and we (the kids) donthave to worry about her falling down any steps. Here's some pics from my visit with her, enjoy!

WELL......theres more but this stupid computer was taking forever to upload them try again later.

Aunty Em

I missed this. I hope your mum is getting on OK in her new apartment and that her arm is improving.

Mare

I missed this. I hope your mum is getting on OK in her new apartment and that her arm is improving.

Awwww Aunty Em, I know you do sweetie, your still in my prayers. Thanks for wishing mum well. She is getting along pretty good, adjusting alittle more. She has a therapist come to the apartment, he got her to walk to get her own mail last week, which isnt real far from her front door, 150 yards im guessing, but she wouldnt do anything at first, wouldnt even eat, now she is. I really want to go see her again but think its gonna be alittle bit. Take care, hugsssssssssssssssssssss.